“The fithiest stay I have ever had.” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   268 East Highland Rd, Macedonia, OH 44056   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Macedonia
Macedonia, Ohio
“The fithiest stay I have ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I checked in after along day of work and ready to go to bed. Then, I pulled back the covers and to my surprise the bed obviously had been slept in. I know this because there was hair, toenail clippings, and what looked like scabs ( or dead skin that was peeled off). I called the front desk and they apologized and gave me a new room. So, the first thing I did when I went in the new room was to check the bed and it too had signs of being slept in, lots of hair on the sheets. The 3rd room ended up being ok. It was a very unpleasant way to end my day.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

The general appearance of the hotel interior and room was shabby - both looked like they needed a good cleaning. The bathroom in our room had hair left in the tub and on the floor from previous guests - but for the price, we decided to stay. At least the sheets were clean... After our first night, the "cleaning" service the next day consisted of making the bed and emptying the trash. The bathroom was not cleaned. The worst part of the stay however, was the second night. We had a non-smoking room, but our room was filled with cigarette smoke coming through the bathroom vent from other rooms on the floor that allowed smoking. At 12:30am we called the front desk to see if anything could be done. The woman said "no" it was a frequent problem, and that she' would fill out a comment/complaint card. We had reservations for 4 nights. We checked out after the second night and moved to a smoke-free Courtyard Marriott in Independence. The Marriott was much better in terms of cleanliness, customer service, etc. and is smoke free. When we checked out of La Quinta, we weren't even asked why we were checking out early - because I would have told them if asked... This was my first and last stay at a La Quinta. We have family in Cleveland and visit often. We will not recommend this hotel to other friends or family members.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I were moving from DC to Colorado, and stopped in this hotel as one of our stops. The hotel wasn't great, but we chose it because of its pets policy (All La Quinta Hotels are pet friendly!) Overall a good stay, but the location was a little sketchy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I often use LQ hotels when traveling with my dog and have stayed at various LQ locations throughout the midwest and northeast and am usually satisfied with my stay. The first room I was given at this location hadn't been cleaned that day and the desk clerk was surly about it...the second smelled of body odor and looked terrible (stained, cigarette burns - non-smoking room) and was simply shabby and gross -- I considered sleeping in my car. Seriously. The clerk did offer to upgrade me into what appears to be the room where the staff come for lunch (at least I'm guessing that from the fried chicken crumbs on the coffee table and the sticky soda residue on the night table) even this higher-end room is substandard for what I've come to expect from La Quinta -- which is clean, comfortable, basic hotel rooms with helpful staff. Sleeping here tonight, but will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I usually try to stay at LQ during my trips because I'm a Returns member. I chose the LQ in Macedonia as my quarters for a visit to Cleveland mostly based on the reviews. Cleveland actually has a couple of LQs, all of them similar in price and different in ratings, somehow I ended up with this one. I can't say anything negative about the property itself. I have to admit that it is somewhat far from Cleveland, it takes half an hour to get back to the city, either by interstate or on highways, mostly downhill. The hotel is actually pretty far into the mountains (which I wasn't really aware of...) near some ski resorts - I kind of liked the area, despite the interstates it was quiet, forrest nearby, green, peaceful, nothing like the industrial city down the road. There are a couple of hotels nearby, but surprisingly few restaurants. You can almost see a large shopping mall with nearby restaurants, but its quite a long drive to get there because you have to go all the way around - plan for some additional time or pick up your dinner in advance.
The hotel is nothing spectacular, not the typical LQ building style, it used to be something else. The staff was really friendly, the rooms where basic but clean, including the bathrooms. I would recommend it, although I would look for a different property closer to downtown when visiting Cleveland.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Macae, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

The staff is very friendly, the rooms have good space. They need to improve the lights. The rooms looks shadow, what make the things difficulty if you need to work, for example. The Internet is quite good and free. The hotel needs a refurbishment (mainly the bathrooms, really small, the sink is out of the bathroom). I was in a no smoking floor, but even there was sometimes a strong smoke smell, maybe some smoke alarms would be good. The price was good. Really simple one, no room service, or restaurant, but you have a small shopping across the street where you have some options. They do not have a Gim romom, but allow you to use a gym nearby, for free.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Cambridge, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Went to see Dave Matthews at Blossom Music Center - this is a very nice La Quinta about 1-2 exits from the venue. Super-easy to get to, clean, nice continental breakfast, and you can still get a smoking room if that is a priority for you...plus, we only paid $50/night...can't beat that!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!