“Excellent stay....nice room...friendly, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   268 East Highland Rd, Macedonia, OH 44056   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Macedonia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I spent an evening here with my two dogs en route to Chicago. The room was clean, updated and very pleasant, and the bed comfortable. The continental breakfast was perfectly adequate, with great muffins, waffles, bagels and more. My only gripes were that the coffee was weak and the strawberry/banana yogurt (for kids?) dreadful. There was grass enough surrounding for the dogs, so they were pleased, and the microwave and small fridge just what I needed for this stay. The wifi and tv worked fine. I heard there was an indoor pool but didn't use it so can't comment there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a double suite. The suite was gorgeous and very clean. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed! This was a rare occasion during vacation where I would have rather spent all day lounging in the room than going into the city. I was very pleased with the room and breakfast. The pool was over crowed and our special requests that we made during reservations were not met (smoking room/extra towels). Other than the smoking room mix up it was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a room that had been updated it was clean and comfortable,there is a nice indoor pool,a very nice breakfast room.Staff were pleasant ,the hotel is close to shopping and restaurants.we have stayed here many times ,we always come back and with the updates they have made it is even nicer than before

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I agree with some of the other reviewers. Close to the interstate, but there was an odd lingering smell in my room. It hit me when I first got in the room, but then I thought I got used to, though it caused me to have a slight headache. I couldn't pinpoint whether it was fresh paint or musty or something. I think this place may be short staffed. When I checked in on Friday, I had to wait for the only guy working the desk to get done making a reservation on the phone before he could help me. There didn't appear to be any other staff around. When I checked out, same thing, only one person working the desk. I was disappointed in the gentleman that checked me in because I asked him a question about my LaQuinta points for this trip and he said he didn't know and didn't offer to help me additionally. Breakfast was decent, though the breakfast area is small and therefore gets very crowded during peak breakfast times. This hotel has been updated/renovated, but the effort seemed half-hearted. I appreciate that LaQuinta accepts pets (though I didn't have any with me) but I continuously used the stairs as the elevators were slow and crowded and there were tons of pet hair on the stairs. I think my comforter was washed with something that had pet hair on it because it appeared to have pet hair on it, as well. The bothersome part about this hotel is the back door has a sign on it that says "lock broken, no entry. Please use front entrance." I saw 2 patrons work hard to get the door open and were able to get in, which is not very comforting; especially since there was a Knight's Inn next door that I saw the local police patrolling. Instead of putting a sign on the door, how about fixing it? This was an inconvenience since the lot was generally full each evening and people that had to park in the back, had to lug all of their stuff around the parking lot to the front. Walls are thin as is the door of the rooms, so you can hear anything and everything in the hallways.

This was an ok visit. Not the best LQ I've stayed in, but certainly not the worse. It worked for a 2 night stay, though if I were staying longer, I'd probably go somewhere else, even being an LQ member.

Room Tip: There is a train somewhere nearby that I heard once at night, for light sleepers.