“Terrible Service at the Front Desk” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   268 East Highland Rd, Macedonia, OH 44056   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Macedonia
london
“Terrible Service at the Front Desk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked a room last minute by phone for my children who were travelling through Ohio. I am Canadian. Obviously they wouldn't have my credit card at check in so I phoned to ask how I could ensure that my credit card was used for payment. I had saved the room with it, but I hadn't been able to pay outright because I booked it directly on their website. When you call the La Quinta number for the specific hotel and select reservations you get a central reservation office. I was advised that I would need to send in an email authorization. I was told to call the hotel directly and ask for front desk. I did this and got a man named 'John' who clearly did not listen to what I was asking, and did not want to understand my dilemma. He told me after I first requested an email address that I could send my authorization to he put me on hold saying he was busy. Calling from Canada I was aware of being frustrated but I said nothing and waited 5 minutes on hold. He came back and I had to go through the whole explanation again. I should add that I had called an hour earlier and was told to call back because the power was out. So my frustration was building. 'John' seemed disinterested in my request and after explaining it again, he told me to call back tomorrow and ask for another man. I told him they were arriving tonight, that tomorrow would be too late, and to please just send me the email form. Just as I was asking this I sensed that he was done with the call, because he told me again to call back tomorrow. I quickly got the words 'please don't hang up' before I heard click. I couldn't believe it. In total it took me 3 hours to book a room with La Quinta and to get the credit card authorized. I was put off so many times before I finally got someone to assist me. I even called the reservation number to explain what happened and ask for a supervisor and before I got put through I was disconnected. I think that was an accident, but I will tell you if my son wasn't travelling with a dog and in need of a dog friendly hotel I would have cancelled out completely. I won't be staying at a La Quinta if this is how they manage their communications.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Urbandale, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Greeted by hotel clerk with, "by the way were under remodeling, so the workers will be starting at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow morning (Sunday)" and "oh, and we have a lot of teenagers here tonight." Bed was very good, but the 'cleanliness' is what makes a difference for us. Stains on the desk chair, thick dust on the desk lamp, dust visible in areas of the carpet. The extenuating circumstance, I suppose, was that we suppose this room was one room that had not been remodeled yet. We did stay the one night, canceled the remaining three nights of our reservation, and found lodging elsewhere in the Cleveland area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I travel to Cleveland area once a year on business. This year I decided to stay at The La Quinta Inn in Macedonia. I was very happy in my choice. The hotel is being remodeled so the foyer was a bit undone - but the workers were there each day and it should be up and looking good in no time. My room was in great shape! Comfortable, clean and quiet. I can't remember the last time I slept so well!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I arrived, after a long flight, around midnight, and needed to get some sleep and leave early the next morning. The lobby was under construction. I was given a room on the 4th floor that had been recently renovated. The renovation was nice, but......

1. They never asked for a smoking preference, and automatically sent me to a smoking-permitted room. Yuck! I was tired and it was late, so I didn't ask for another room. Strike 1.

2. Around 1 AM, the couple across the hall started arguing. Not the hotel's fault, but this is indicative of quality of the hotel overall. Strike 1, ball 1.

3. Around 5 AM, the alarm from the room next door woke me up. Must have been due to the paper-thin walls. Strike 2, ball 1.

4. Around 6:30 AM, the light from the ill-fitted curtains and the gaping crack under the door woke me up. Stike 3. Yer out!

I would not recommend this place for business travelers!

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great hotel for price, staff is great, new upgraded rooms, I stay here every time I'm in the area which is often and will continue to. Good interstate access and near good restaurants also. Overall great value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!