“Holiday Stay-great for pets” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   268 East Highland Rd, Macedonia, OH 44056   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Macedonia
Austin, Texas
“Holiday Stay-great for pets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel was well maintained, great location near every fast food and box store and movie theater you would want for a diversion; flat screen tvs, housekeeping staff was efficient and friendly (usually such friendliness reserved for a high priced hotel) no extra charge for pets; absolutely no pet smell in the room; breakfast was sufficient; only small complaint..dried spot on rug in room which was very apparent

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wimauma, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were traveling through Ohio on our way to Maryland and stopped at the Macedonia La Quinta, out side of Cleveland. It was very clean and they welcome dogs, which made our little traveler very happy. There is a Bob Evans across the which offered a great meal for $10.

The hotel had very comfortable beds and spacious rooms. There was no refrig or microwave.

A bit expensive for an economy type hotel at $80.

Room Tip: Good for travelers with dogs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Southern Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here at the LaQuinta and wanted to review this property for those who may want to know more about the property. I stay for my company at LaQuinta over 25 nights per year and rate this property 7 out of 10. This hotel is clean and quiet and the front desk staff was helpful and attentive and the pool and hot tub was well kept. My biggest issue was the breakfast bar that was always out of food and the quality of the food was not up to other LaQuinta Hotels. I had to go next door and eat at Bob Evans for breakfast. Although this is a small issue...when you stay many nights at hotels per year you depend on certain things. I would recommend this hotel but not the beakfast and no coffee or tea service in the evenings??

Room Tip: Second floor is quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall, I like this place. I have stayed here twice, and would stay here again.

I first stopped at this La Quinta when my two usual hotels near the Cleveland airport were both sold out. I tried to call before arriving, but when the call service connected me with the front desk, all it did was ring, so i decided to check it out in person.

It was 10:30pm on a Tuesday night and I rolled up to find a bunch of men standing outside the entrance. They stared at me as I exited my car. One mutters some things to me that was not comprehensible but clearly flirtatious. It was not the welcome I wanted as a single female traveler at 10:30pm.

The gentleman at the front desk was nice, but he said that the only room left was on the 3rd floor and the elevator was broken. Oh, and no fridge in the room. I have a dog that doesn't do stairs well and I had perishables in the car. I was also thinking that I would have to walk my dog past that unruly group of men and that bothered me, and that didn't appeal either.

So I left and found a nearby Walmart where I could park and go through my travel books. By this time it was about 11pm and I was getting tired and I still had to feed my dog. I decided that for one night I would make due with this place. The town of Macedonia looked quite safe so those men outside the La Quinta must be an aberration from the safe neighborhood this location seemed to provide.

When I returned, I told Greg, the gentleman at the front desk, that I would stay. He mentioned that a room on the first floor just opened up and that I could stay there, which was GREAT because it had a fridge and my dog wouldn't have to do 2 flights of stairs all night.

The room was beautiful... the comped the upgrade because it was the only room available on the first floor and Greg knew that was important to me (which is greatly appreciated). The bed was comfortable. The heater and cooler worked. Breakfast was good (but no eggs or healthy protein.) Coffee was just ok, but better than most hotels.

I returned to this hotel on my return trip back from New York. Again, there was at least one of the guys from the group of men I had seen the other night standing outside the doors when I arrived at night, staring at me as I unload my belongings. Again, it was quite uncomfortable.

But with my second stay everything else was quite pleasant. There were a couple of hiccups - the heater wasn't working in my room and the front desk person didn't answer the phone or (it was still broken) because it kept ringing and ringing when I called. These things were not a big deal to me, though.

The second time around they DID have hard boiled eggs, so I was able to enjoy breakfast. YAY!

Also, they do not charge a fee for pets, which is really, really nice. I've paid as high as $20 at other Cleveland locations.

I know this review is a bit all over the place, but that is because it seemed like the quality of this hotel was all over the place.

SUMMARY OF WHAT I LIKED:
I really liked the front desk personnel. Everyone was really great, especially Greg. I really liked my room, and the beds and pillows were great. I slept SO WELL here. Better than at home. I am glad they offer a protein choice at breakfast. There was ample outdoor space for me to walk my dog and I was comfortable with bringing him out at night except for the men standing outside.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is in a quiet location, but only a half mile from a huge strip mall, including a Walmart and a Caribou Coffee across from the strip mall. When I checked out of the hotel, I got gas across the street, picked up a coffee at Caribou and got on the road really fast. It was very easy.

SUMMARY OF WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
I think this hotel needs to fix things... the phone, the elevator, the heater... These are minor but they add up (and make this a 3 star place instead of a 4 star).

Also, there's no law that the men standing outside the La Quinta cannot be there, but it was an uncomfortable first impression, especially since they were flirting with a female guest who was alone, arriving at night and totally exhausted. It's not the kind of thing one wants to deal with after 8 hours of driving.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hotel makes no effort to accommodate guests. I am allergic to goose feathers and the hotel only has down pillows. Never had this problem before. Why pay to sleep in a bed your allergic to. The person working at the front desk was not helpful, and basically told me I was out of luck and made no attempt to accommodate me. With the condition of the hotel being old and dingy, they can't afford to have such poor customer service. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Beltsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here on two separate nights while traveling over the long Labor Day weekend. Overall it's a nice hotel, not too far (<3 miles) from the OH turnpike, with gas stations and restaurants conveniently located across the street, and a good breakfast. On our first night we had a room with 2 double beds, which are comfortable, but just too small for 2 adults who are used to a King-sized bed at home. This room also did not include a refrigerator, so it was necessary to get lots of ice from the ice machine to keep stuff cool in our cooler overnight. Based on this experience I booked a King one-room suite for the 2nd night, so that we'd have a bigger bed (at least for 2 of us). Upon check-in I was told that they didn't have this room type available, so they put us into a 2-room King suite for the same price. Nice! This type of room does include the extra amenities of refrigerator and microwave. Also enjoyed the use of the indoor pool and hot-tub each night, although on the 2nd night the chemicals in the hot-tub were so strong that it made my eyes sting. The manager explained that this was due to a malfunction in the automatic chemical dispensing system, which got corrected as soon as someone reported it (of course it takes a while for the excess chemicals to disperse). Would definitely stay here again on future trips through the Cleveland area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia? Share your experiences!