“East Coast style pizza...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 61 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: Pizza
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“East Coast style pizza...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had not eaten there in many years, but a friend took me while I was visiting. It was excellent. You can buy pizza buy the slice or the whole pie, and the available toppings are typical (nothing too extravagant). I had a slice of hand tossed with peperoni and a slice of Sicilian with peperoni. The Sicilian pizza was made with focaccia bread, which made it thicker and lighter. I think the sauce was different too. More robust. Anyway, the hand tossed crust was light and crisp on the bottom. I went to college on the East Coast and this reminded me of the typical pizza joints you find on every corner there. No BBQ chicken pizzas here. Simple pies, well executed. They also had sandwiches and calzones, which looked good. However, I did not try one on this visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Loveland, Ohio
“not overly impresse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I went in with great expectations, only to find out that the meatball hoagie that they sell is placing frozen meatballs in an oven and placing them in the sandwich. expected much more. i could have done that much at my house. won't be going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“New York style pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I decided to try Flying Pizza, because I loved the pizza in New York. I ordered take out on a Friday evening. The restaurant was small and there were lots of people standing around waiting for pizza. From what I could tell, patrons walk in, order at the counter and thensound a booth or step aside to wait. I thought all the people waiting was a sign of good pizza. I have friends from New York who think Flying Pizza is the closest thing that they can find to the pizza they crave in the Cincinnati area. However, I found the pizza to be a little bland and a little chewy. I usually warm up leftover pizza, but I think I will pass on this. Perhaps I wouldn't know a good New York style pizza if it bit me.....I will just stick with the pizza that I have been eating for the last 25 years.

• Visited January 2012