I visited the castle about 10 years ago in the summer and had a lovely time in one of the cabins. This year, they had a $99.00 suite special for the month of January, so my boyfriend and I decided to celebrate my birthday there. We stayed in the Kihm suite in the castle. Here is a list of the pros and the cons of the trip:
- Crystal at the front desk. She was friendly, helpful, funny, and personable.
- The grounds are beautiful, even with the snow.
- The room was absolutely gorgeous and very romantic.
- The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.
- The bathroom had heated tiles.
- The dining room was very quick and efficient with to go orders.
- The driveway. This castle is seated on a large hill and the drive was not plowed or iced. It was impossible to get the car up the drive.
- The pool/hot tub building looked dirty and needed replacement lights.
- Multiple lights were burnt out in our suite.
- Other small issues, such as peeling paint, slow draining bathtub, confusing DVD player instructions...
- The dining room menu was limited and not very vegetarian-friendly
- The continental breakfast was also very limited.
Overall, I'd say with some renovations, a better food selection (including lunch options - dining room only serves dinner), and a plowed, salted driveway, this place could earn a 5 star rating. I would have felt cheated had I paid the full price for the suite.
The Kihm suite is very romantic
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.