“Consistently wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
westerville oh
“Consistently wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I dream of when I can return to this bit of paradise. We have visited regularly for 7 or 8 years. We leave the children with a babysitter and slip away to a refuge of peace and pampering. The cottages provide privacy, charm, and quietness! Without electronic distractions, my husband and I reconnect over a delicious gourmet dinner and then retreat to our own little spot in the woods. No need for us to look further, this is our favorite getaway.

Room Tip: Cottages have a gas log stove and jacuzzi for two.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Wow, year after year you visit! Glad we are consistent and you keep returning. We are a perfect getaway to refresh and recharge from day to day living. Hope you have tried all the seasons, each one is special.

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We continue to return to the Inn at Cedar Falls. Superb dining - menu is creative and alway pleases. The service in the dining room is warm, welcoming and friendly. The setting in Hocking Hills couldn't be better. The only place we stay when visiting Hocking Hills!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
It's repeat guests like you that make our work so much fun. Glad we continue to meet your expectations.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Spent a great weekend with friends at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls. Stayed in the Ironweed Cottage. It was very comfortable. Comfy chairs and wood stove. Huge bathroom and jacuzzi in the bedroom. The people at the Cedar Falls were very nice. They were having an all staff meeting the weekend we were there so spa facilities were not available. Ate 2 dinners at the restaurant, which was wonderful. We had the most lovely of servers, very friendly and funny. It was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Happy New Year. Thanks for the lovely comments. The spa is just what one needs after a day of hiking. When you visit next time, hopefully you will give it a try.
Rocky River, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to the Inn since the mid 90's and have never been disappointed. While there have been changes to the property over the years (new cottages and additions to the main building), the comfortable accommodations, wonderful food and above all, the friendly, personal service have remained hallmarks of what has become one of our all-time favorite places to visit. It doesn't hurt that the Hocking Forest is one of the most beautiful and peaceful settings one could imagine. Nonetheless, Ellen and her staff do a terriffic job of making every visit as special and as relaxing as possible. The Inn at Cedar Falls is one of Ohio's true treasures.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Special, repeat guests like you are what makes owning an Inn all worthwhile. Terry and I are blessed to have a fabulous staff who treat our guests like we treat them.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I made my reservation only a week in advance keeping with the Inn's policy that a one-night weekend stay cannot be reserved any earlier than one week. I used the e-mail address on the website to let the Innkeepers know of all my husband's food allergy issues since we also made dinner reservations. The chef's specials on the evening of our reservation fit my husband's needs PERFECTLY. They also had bread made for him that was gluten-free AND a gluten-free dessert option. The meal was outstanding and the attention paid to my husband's extensive list of forbidden foods, likes and dislikes was nothing short of miraculous! Thank you! The Dogwood Cabin is charming and cozy. From the 2-story deck complete with furniture, grill and swing to the spiral staircase leading down to the master suite with Jacuzzi, this cabin delighted us. What a way to spend an incredibly needed 24 hours away from 2 very active children! It energized us for at least a week and left me wanting more time away! Make sure to use the gas potbelly stove that warmed the cabin to a balmy 80+ degrees. It was so perfectly romantic. The robes provided are so plush and comfy! Then the breakfast . . . oh, my! If they have the stuffed French toast when visiting, there's nothing else like it. Delectable is the only adjective that I can use to describe it. We returned to our Cabin after breakfast and I took the complimentary cookies home. I just ate one this evening and it was second to none. Yes, it's a bit pricey for one night and one dinner, but if that's the only flaw, it's a bargain. Thank you, Inn at Cedar Falls. One of the most memorable places we've ever stayed.

Room Tip: The Dogwood is closest to the restaurant and spa making both within walking distance. Very convenien...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Delighted to hear that our restaurant team took care of your food allergy requests. We pride ourselves on taking care of our guests needs. Look forward to your return. Happy Holidays.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I travel frequently all over the U.S. and the world, and The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls measures up to any place we've been. Beautiful location in the Hocking Hills, charming and comfortable accommodations, delightful staff, fabulous food. After just one day in this tranquil setting out of the reach of cell phones you feel renewed and revitalized. And we love those "Comfy Sheets"!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I spent the Thanksgiving weekend at the Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls. This was our second trip there, the last being a year or two ago. We'd had a ball that time and decided to give it another go. We all know how when you go back to a place your really loved, it's never as good? Untrue. This trip was as good as it gets. I was a little concerned that the checkin might be a problem since we arrived on Thanksgiving afternoon, but it was as easy and smooth as one could ask. We stayed in the Ironweed cottage. We love the relative isolation of the cottages. The quiet, the lack of a tv, the lack of a phone, the isolation...did I mention the quiet? At any rate, once we got settled into the cottage we roamed down to the lodge for our Thanksgiving meal. God, it was amazing. The turkey was to die for! The service throughout the weekend was great. We hiked through the state parks enjoying Cedar Falls, Ash Cave and Old Man's Cave. They're all worth the walk. I'm no spring chicken and I still enjoyed the hikes! My wife and I drove around the area...over to Logan, up to Lancaster, over to Laurelville and enjoyed the scenery. It was fun to get off the highways onto the back roads and explore a bit.

We enjoyed our cottage. Last time we'd been in another but this one was very similar with a king sized bed, sitting area, fireplace and hot tub. The bathroom is spacious as well. The breakfasts each day were wonderful, filling and gourmet. We ate dinner at the lodge one other night and had a pork chop that might have been the best we'd ever eaten. We both recommend this inn to you for a romantic get away. I'm sure we'll be back.

We didn't do it this trip cause of the Holiday but if you get a chance attend some of the naturalist's hikes and presentations, they're well worth the time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
zinnLogan, Owner at The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Wow, you are for hire! I couldn't write a better story about us than you did. Like many of our guests you enjoyed the seclusion of the cottage on it's own two acres. Try Strong Wolf cabin next time, it's on 35 acres. Happy Holidays.

Been to The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls? Share your experiences!