“Surprising getaway in SE Ohio” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Georgian Manner B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Georgian Manner B&B
You added A Georgian Manner B&B to your Saves list
29055 Evans Rd., Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Logan B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Surprising getaway in SE Ohio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

Great weekend getaway location on Lake Logan. Proprietor has rebuilt this large home, turning it into a charming place. The Georgian Manner is designed as a wedding location, but works for small groups and couples. See wildlife from the front porch....herons, swans, ducks and geese on the lake. Get the proprietor talking about the history of the place...many good stories.

• Liked — wildlife
  • Disliked — no internet
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Savannah, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

We had made an on line reservation and looked at a website a month before we went on vacation in the Hocking Hills of Ohio. I thought it would be fun to stay in a cabin; boy was I WRONG !
We got there after their usual check in time so she hid a key for us. I had to talk her into this; she was very rude and unprofessional on the phone. It took us at least 15 mins. in the dark to find the key, I'm sure this lady had 2 left hands.
When we opened the door I wanted to cry; the musty smell was horrible !! I really think it had been months since someone else had stayed there.
The cabin looked like it had been furnished from yard sale odds & ends. 2 of the chairs were broken, the bathroom was filthy,and NO TP !!! I could go on & on.
WE SLEPT IN OUR CLOTHS ON TOP OF THE BEDS !!!!!

The next moring we left bright & early, even though we had booked 3 nites stay. It took 3 weeks, many phone calls and the BBB to get our money back for the 2 nites.

I called the Chamber of Commerce and told them the story. They suggested I call the Welcome Center. The nice lady there asked me some questions ; then suggested we stay at the Georgian Manor B&B on Lake Logan.

As we drove past the beautful lake I about drove into the lake looking at the Georgian Manor. I thought I had DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN, from across the lake the manor looked like "TARA'' in Gone with the Wind !!!!

When we pulled up to the manor a gentleman was cutting the grass; and what a GENTLEMAN he turned out to be !!! This was B J , the owner.

He immediately got off the mower and warmly greeted us and ask how he could help us.I held my breath; there were 4 or 5 cars in the parking lot, I ask him if they had any available rooms?
He smiled, "yes we just had an emergency cancelation".

We stayed in the Crystal Rose room the 1st nite. Sun .& Mon. nites we upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite , the most romantic room I had ever stayed in and we have stayed in many B&B over the last 25 years. I almost fell asleep in the Juccuzi !!

B J and the Georgian Manor saved our vacation !!The Southern Hospitality was so genuine we both said we felt more at home her than any of our family homes . I loved all the interesting antiques.

Since we have told all our friends & family about the Georgian Manor and my niece is getting married there this Sept. The Splender and Elegance of the Georgin Manor is so refreshing, we can't wait to go back. Thank you Georgian Manor!

• Liked — Hospitality,Location, Romantic, Jacuzzi,Furnishings,Elegant,Swans the whole placethe Hocking Hills
  • Disliked — everything was perfect !
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to A Georgian Manner B&B? Share your experiences!