“Cute Cabin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Acorn Acres Lodging

Acorn Acres Lodging
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Logan
14805 Berry Rd, Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Logan
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cute Cabin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We managed to book a last minute stay at the frontier cabin, I was slightly weary as the photos on the website did not show much detail. however it was reasonable and after reading a couple of reviews on here I thought we'd give a shot.
It worked out perfectly, we were able to take our dog who loved the freedom of the property's locations. The hottub was great and there was a lovey gas fireplace for the chilly november nights. We had everything we needed, it was a beautiful location. I'd recommend this cabin for a couples vacation, the hosts were very accomodating and the cabin was very cosy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mentor, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I wanted to rent a cabin in Hocking Hills (Ohio) so I called Acorn Acres 800 phone number. It didn't work. I called the second phone number twice during business hours and only got a recording to leave a message. I gave my phone number and asked them to call me, but I never received a call back. I emailed Acorn Acres, same story, they didn't reply.
What a joke of a business. They won't last long with this kind of service.
I called and emailed Valley View Cabins (in Hocking Hills) and spoke to the mgr on the phone and sent an email and within minutes I had a reservation for a much better cabin, plus the website was excellent.
Bye Bye Acorn Acres, hello Valley View Cabins.

Room Tip: You can't get a room (cabin) if they don't answer the phone or email.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The cabin was wonderful...They literally have everything already there, you only need to bring food if you chose. The pics on there site do not to the place justice.:)

Room Tip: They have 2 cabins one for 2 and one for a family.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We stayed the first time in 2007 at the frontier and had a wonderful experience, so we decided to stay at the White Oak our next stay. The accomadations were nice and the management very graciuos. They allowed pets which was great, it was so peaceful and beautiful views. The lower level was where we stand and the kids up stairs. We had enough room the cabin was very qauint and pleasant. The cabin was clean and had all the essentials. The sheets and towels had had a wonderful smell and I was courious as to what they used so I could use it at home. There was a slight smell in the shower from well water, which if you have ever had well water you reconize the smell. There was no mildew or dust. We really had an enjoyable stay and are planning on booking again this coming winter, ( without the kids) can't wait to use the hot tub. It was to hot this time on our stay and are looking forward to having wine in front of the fire place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
mineral city ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

We are back from our stay at the acorn acres lodging. Well when we called the service was very nice. The lady who dose the phone service for them was very helpful and nice. We arrived at the acorn lodge and our fist impression was how nice. Then we decided to unpack. That went over well. My family has asthma very bad my brother and their baby of 1 year old stayed also we all were in one cabin white oak my children were 1 pound at birth and has difficulties breathing. The upstairs of the white oak was very nice and didnt smell bad or anything. Went down stairs and OH my musty mildew smell see the upstairs is one bedroom and in the living room was another bed then down stairs was a area with bed and bathroom well my brother and his wife and baby stayed their but I told them not to stay down stairs it smelled very bad - also no windows might be the reason of smell. ( with the asthma problems we all have) the couch and beds were badly woren and blankets on beds were dingy and needs to be upgraded. The bath/shower was nasty water smelled like rotten eggs. The kitchen sink leaked into a pan. The electrict blew out about 8 am I do think it was our fault with alot of stuff going. The owner said that they are in the middle of working on the cabin we stayed in well why dont they tell you these things on the phone.? No one would want to stay.. Over all I will choose not to stay here again. ITS A NO GO

• Liked — The spot was nice like I said also upstairs was way better
  • Disliked — Down stairs musty smell mildew smell and just didnt like it
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Acorn Acres Lodging? Share your experiences!