“Don't stay!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Logan
Pikeville, Kentucky
“Don't stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Horrible place to stay! The door had been broken into and wouldn't lock properly. Big gaps around sides and bottom of door. Couldn't get heater to adjust. Room not clean. No ashtray in smoking room. Maids stole all our snacks while cleaning and no service from office staff. Price was good but still not worth it.

Room Tip: No good rooms! Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Close to Hocking Hills and nice clean place. Great service and and the price is not bad. We stayed for the weekend. We were pretty tired and we slept well. We did'nt pay the high price at the comfort suite had to offer.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Elida, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My first time going to Hocking Hills in Ohio was awesome. At the end of a long day of sight seeing and trail hiking, my girlfriend and I were pretty tired and ready to find somewhere to stay the night. First we went to the Comfort Inn and Suites, and they were pretty expensive and we wanted something more affordable. I called the Holliday Inn and they were just as pricey. I really didn't want to try the Budget Inn because the name "Budget Inn" just didn't appeal to me, and the building on the outside looked too simple, and old. I gave it a chance tho and met the man who was managing that night. He was super nice and let me see a room. The room was way nicer than i had expected and was much more affordable than all the other hotels. The guy was very honest and actually told me I could find hotels in Lancaster, 15 minutes away, for cheaper that are just as nice, or some a little nicer for about the same price. He also said that they just got done remodling the interior of the hotel and are just getting around to redoing the exterior which is why it was much nicer inside than out. It was my girlfriends birthday so I wanted something a little nicer or more luxurious so we went to Lancaster and found a suite at Comfort Inn and Suites. The man running the Budget in was a huge help and the Hotel was well worth the price. Don't let the name turn you away, it's a really good deal if you're just lookin for somewhere simple to sleep n shower.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Logan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The prices may not seem bad but horrible service and unclean rooms I was in a non smoking room well go figure smelled like a couple of people were in there moments before me smoking up a storm. I couldn't believe that then they wouldn't re locate us to a new room

Stayed July 2014
Springfield, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a group of 18 who spent one night here. My husband and I stayed in Room 28. In our room we had no trashcan, no ice bucket, the toilet did not work well. The room was clean but we did not have a microwave or a fridge and the water was not hot. When asked the clerk said only every other room had those amenities. However, we were all charged the same amount. I probably will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My brother booked the place for us to stay for his daughters wedding. There was something going on in Logan so everyplace else was booked. When we pulled up it looked like a dump. I was expecting the inside to be dirty and nasty but..... it was a surprise. The rooms were clean and roomy. The ac worked great! The owners were very, very friendly and helpful. Not a bad stay. Just be warned that the outside looks worse than the inside.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Caledonia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were VERY impressed by the nice couple, at the desk, and even MORE impressed by the good price of the room.
The woman who signed us in was extremely helpful (and honest) regarding restaurant suggestions, as well.
The rooms were basic, but VERY clean. A small refrigerator and a microwave were a nice surprise, and the WiFi was great... no "drops" in service.
I stayed in the room that one of the former reviewers stayed in (room 30)... It is the only room with the reversed hot and cold water, but the desk clerk was kind enough to warn us about it. Other than a crack in the window (which we didn't notice until morning), the room was in fine condition... clean carpet, no plaster patches, everything (including the phone and remote) appeared to have been cleaned, and no hanging heat lamp. I can only assume that all of these issues had been fixed since that review. Although the paint looked fairly new, there was no odor of fresh paint.
Mattress, sheets, bedspread, and mattress cover were all pristine... I wish I could get my white linens this clean!
All in all: quiet, friendly, clean, and basic. If you are wanting room service and valet parking, this isn't for you. If you want a clean place to sleep, without spending a fortune, it is ideal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!