“Springfield Crew” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Logan
Springfield, Ohio
“Springfield Crew”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a group of 18 who spent one night here. My husband and I stayed in Room 28. In our room we had no trashcan, no ice bucket, the toilet did not work well. The room was clean but we did not have a microwave or a fridge and the water was not hot. When asked the clerk said only every other room had those amenities. However, we were all charged the same amount. I probably will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My brother booked the place for us to stay for his daughters wedding. There was something going on in Logan so everyplace else was booked. When we pulled up it looked like a dump. I was expecting the inside to be dirty and nasty but..... it was a surprise. The rooms were clean and roomy. The ac worked great! The owners were very, very friendly and helpful. Not a bad stay. Just be warned that the outside looks worse than the inside.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Caledonia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were VERY impressed by the nice couple, at the desk, and even MORE impressed by the good price of the room.
The woman who signed us in was extremely helpful (and honest) regarding restaurant suggestions, as well.
The rooms were basic, but VERY clean. A small refrigerator and a microwave were a nice surprise, and the WiFi was great... no "drops" in service.
I stayed in the room that one of the former reviewers stayed in (room 30)... It is the only room with the reversed hot and cold water, but the desk clerk was kind enough to warn us about it. Other than a crack in the window (which we didn't notice until morning), the room was in fine condition... clean carpet, no plaster patches, everything (including the phone and remote) appeared to have been cleaned, and no hanging heat lamp. I can only assume that all of these issues had been fixed since that review. Although the paint looked fairly new, there was no odor of fresh paint.
Mattress, sheets, bedspread, and mattress cover were all pristine... I wish I could get my white linens this clean!
All in all: quiet, friendly, clean, and basic. If you are wanting room service and valet parking, this isn't for you. If you want a clean place to sleep, without spending a fortune, it is ideal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

nice enough fellow at the desk but probably worst place I've ever stayed. Carpet was gross. Lots of raw plaster patches on the wall that have been there for a while. tv was old and RC was sticky. No sign of bed bugs and believe me I looked! There were a couple of fruit flies though. I itched all night but that might of just been in my head. Shower took forever to get hot and hot and cold were reversed. Old recessed heat lamp fixture was hanging about 1/2" out of the ceiling and had regular 100w bulb.
Sheets, pillow and pillow cases looked, smelt and felt clean. Price was about 1/2 of anyplace around and price charged was less than price quoted on the phone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Covington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I read some recent positive reviews of the place, and took the chance on it. For one, it was almost half the price od other hotels in the area. Sure, the place looks dated from the outside and could use a complete makeover. But for the price and convenience made up for it. Rooms are basic, no frills, clean and quiet. The staff are very kind and accomodating. They even moved rooms when one of the TV's was out. Sure, it would have been nice to stay at the more up to date hotel across the way with I am sure fancier rooms and continental breakfast. but being we saved close to $70 on our stay here, it was worth it. We put that money to a nice dinner and breakfast, and still had change left.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
cottrellville mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Came to town late on a Thursday and they stayed open until we arrived! The owners were very friendly and helpful. The room appears to be recently updated new furniture, paint etc. Very clean. Cable TV, microwave and frig. included.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this motel in August, 2010 and August, 2011. The couple who run it are very friendly and helpful. In 2010, they were working on upgrading the interior of the rooms. In 2011, i think they were done. I believe all rooms have a microwave, a small fridge, and cable. The rooms are regular size and clean, the bathroom is small and spartan, the a/c and heat worked well. They are not first-class rooms, but you aren't paying a first-class rate. I felt safe in 2010, and safer in 2011 as the other guests seemed to be upgrading with the rooms.
You check-in in one building, the parking lot is in the middle and then the two-story rectangular motel is on the other side of the lot. There is nothing special or fancy here, if you are picky or whiny - look elsewhere! It is located on a quiet road which I have found good for morning runs (a little way down you end-up running beside a nice lake).
I intend to go down there with some friends this Spring and again in August with my daughter. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay while you enjoy the beauty of the hocking hills area, I recommend this motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!