“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Logan
Tipton, Iowa
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had a very nice stay here but would have appreciated having a fridge and microwave in the room especially with this being a travel location. Its conviently located near Lake Logan, trails, and other areas in hocking hills. I was disappointed to find the hot tub broke down one night. I was looking forward to relaxing in it after a long day hiking. Overall a good hotel but a little over priced.

• Stayed June 2014
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review! I am so glad to hear that you had a nice stay! We do have a limited amount of fridges in the hotel and we put them on hand as a first come first serve basis. We are also working on the whirlpool and it will be fixed very soon!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your future stays with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at the HIE in Logan Ohio during our Memorial Day weekend trip to the beautiful Hocking Hills. The hotel is conveniently located right off of HWY 33 at the intersection of HWY 664. It is also located within walking distance to a delightful BBQ restaurant called Millstone BBQ which is a fantastic place to eat (and one of the only restaurants that we could find). The hotel was clean and comfortable, and the staff very friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the Housekeeping service was incredibly late each day. We would hike in the morning, and then return to our room at about 3:00 pm for a much needed nap, only to find that Housekeeping had not yet cleaned our room. This happened each day of our stay; and on the last day we finally said something to the person at the front desk. The gentleman we spoke to was very apologetic, and handled the matter very professionally. It was a holiday weekend, and the hotel was booked and shorthanded, so we understood the delay. Overall it was a great experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write out this review! We are always excited to get our guests comments and thoughts! We would like to apologize for the later than normal Housekeeping service. We were able to fix the situation and would love to see you back!

Palmer, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Overall, I really disliked having to stay at this hotel. What really kills me is that I paid over eight hundred dollars for a hotel room for five days - and the room didn't even include a mini fridge and/or a microwave! That seems like an exceedingly basic level of amenity to me, as a person who travels a lot for business. I am stunned that the Baymont Inn and Suites was a drastically better hotel than a Holiday Inn Express. STUNNED.

Also: I specifically asked when my room receipt would be dropped off before I checked out,and was told it would be between 12:30 and 1:00 AM,which WOULD have been perfect, since I had to leave for a very early meeting at around 5:20 AM, and didn't want to have to risk being late in order to get that receipt. Luckily, I underestimated the staff, and was able to get the receipt from the front desk before I left. It did not leave a great taste in my mouth.

The only staff that performed up to my expectations were the housekeeping crew, so I made sure to tip them.

I had to book this hotel at the last minute, but if I have any choice in the matter, I won't stay here again in the future. You'd probably have a different perception of the hotel if you were just using it as a starting point for hiking or other outdoor experiences in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I will be sure to look into this matter for you so it will not happen again. Our goal is to provide the best guest service that we can when you stay in the area. Please give our hotel another chance, you can call me personally to make the reservation. The number is 740-385-7700

Thank you again for the Review!

- Michael Ritchey
Assistant Manager
Comstock Park, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Friendly staff and great accommodations. Great location right off the highway although a title tricky to get to the first time
Quiet, clean and comfortable room. Standard IHG breakfast fare.
Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your amazing comment. I will be sure to forward your comments onto the staff. We are always so glad to hear when we make a guests stay superb! Comments like yours help us know when we are doing something right!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you stay at the Hocking Hills Holiday Inn Express!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice location right off the highway. The front desk staff is unfailingly polite. Very clean, newer location. Do your best to get a 3rd floor room, though. We only specified "upper floor" and ended up on the 2nd. As a result, when the person staying above us got up at 4 a.m., we also got up at 4 a.m. Like most hotels, this one has little soundproofing, so you're going to hear everything above you and to the sides of you.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, 3rd floor, 3rd floor. Did I mention 3rd floor?
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review. We are sorry to hear that you were unable to get a room on the 3rd floor. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you during your stay. Please do not hesitate to mention any noise issues or floor preferences to our staff as we always have someone here to assist you for your convenience.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This inn did everything right. The rooms and bed are comfy. Everything from check in to out was great! The room was was larger than a more expensive stay I had elsewhere. The location is nice. The facility is fairly new and well kept. The staff is helpful. Breakfast is typical. No complaints. It is rare from start to finish to have not one single glitch. Bravo!

• Stayed February 2014
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to fill out this review! We appreciate your kind words about our facility! We do our best to keep the hotel clean and operational! Hopefully while you were down in the area you were able to explore the Hocking Hills State Park! Weather has been a bit erratic but spring will soon be here!

We look forward to your return and thank you again for staying at the Hocking Hills Holiday Inn Express
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, very friendly and very reasonable place to stay. I would highly recommend this hotel! Great location for visiting Hocking Hills State Park and the Hocking Hills area. Super complimentary breakfast, don't miss it.

• Stayed February 2014
Michael R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Logan, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to fill out this review! We strive to give the best guest service and hotel experience! I will be sure to let my staff know that you appreciated their hard work!

Thank you again and please come back soon for Spring and Summer Seasons! The Hocking Hills State Park is a beautiful place to visit!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Logan? Share your experiences!