“BEWARE!!!! MARTINWOODS CABINS” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Martinwoods Cabins

Martinwoods Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Martinwoods Cabins
Save Saved
You added Martinwoods Cabins to your Saves list
Rocky Fork Road, Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #14 of 23 Specialty lodging in Logan
Cleveland, Ohio
“BEWARE!!!! MARTINWOODS CABINS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

First off I would Like to say. Hocking Hills is beautiful! We have stayed at several different cabins in Hocking Hills and have had nothing but great experiences and never any issues with the cabins or cabin owners. whether a large or small group, until recent experience with Martinwood Cabins If you read the contract they give you to sign, It sounds like an angry pissed off owner wrote it. so much that you would second guess whether you even want to stay there. The Driveway is absolutley horrible. An accident waiting to happen. Plan on walking your luggage and supplies up a very steep hill. Not to mention if you can even get your vehicle up the damage to your transmission and loose stones flying and denting up your vehicle, will cost you more in repairs than the already expensive cabin rental price. When we arrived there was a strange women standing in the cabin as if she was the guard on duty. When asked who she was, she replied I OWN THIS CABIN!!!!..... whow....Be prepared for a angry lecture of what not to do. As if we were a group of prison inmates. This women is psycho! After that episode we decided not to let this ruin everyones time since we drove so far to get there and paid all the money we did.
BUT beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you leave. ......................................................
We left the place very clean , as we always have in many other cabins we rented. She has this very tacky letter with an envelope request a TIP! We were shocked. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! $2,000 FOR 2 NIGHTS! is more than enough and more than fair. Then out of her frantic psychotic rage.... similiar to the tone written in her contract., She shoots of a nasty email to us and said she is charging us $50 for her time sent looking for linens that were misplaced in the cabin. MY SUGGESTION TO YOU DO NOT RENT MARTINWOODS CABINS. YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL BE RUINED!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

I have stayed at the Martinwoods Westwind cabin twice now. Both times with large groups. Having multiple bedrooms and bathrooms was a nice feature. The two kitchens was real nice when cooking for 15+ people. We had a good time canoeing and coming back to a nice house, relaxing either in the hot tub or in front of the fire pit.

While we will stay at this cabin again... it's a bummer the owner (Teresa) is not able to get anyone out to fix the driveway because it's a major pain unless you have 4-wheel drive!

The only reason I would rate this hotel as 'very good' and not 'excellent' is due to the driveway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
martinwoods, Owner at Martinwoods Cabins, responded to this review, December 29, 2010
Thank you for staying and martinwoods and for your review. When were you there? We did have the drive scraped this summer which helped a lot, I would love to have it paved but the quotes I have been getting I just cannot afford, There is only so much I can do with the gravel but eventually would like to get it paved, With it costing $38,000 to $40,000 (quote 2 years ago) it is just not possible right now so we try to let everyone know they need 4 wheel drive. We have had Hondas, a Mustnag and other small cars get up even before we had scraped but nobody seemed to have problems once we did that. When people come they just need to realize that it is steep and they cannot stop half way up and start from a dead stop, that just ruts the drive up really bad and it is hard to get anyone down there to fix it.

Hopefully in the future we can have it paved but I do thank you for the kind words on the cabin. Hope to see you again

Teresa
Newark OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

We did not stay there on the date selected (it requires you to select a date), but, we have stayed there at least 3 times in past and we had a wonderful stay each time. One time, the owner took it upon herself to tow us out of a snow bank and get us up a hill. We didn't have a 4 wheel drive. I'm guessing that is why the strict warnings now about having a 4 wheel drive and that's ok with me. She didn't have to go to all that trouble and she never complained. It ended up being a great stay and it could have been a night mare.

The owner is business like and that's ok with me. I like it when someone shows their passion for running a tight ship and it makes for a successful business.

The atmosphere in the cabins was wonderful. Little touches on the front porch made it very charming. I have great memories from our visits--thanks, Teresa!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
martinwoods, Owner at Martinwoods Cabins, responded to this review, November 13, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. It was not a problem at all. We try to let people know how steep the drives are but sometimes they do not believe me. I hope you can come back and visit us again. I loved having you.

It is nice to have great guest like yourself that respect the property that we try so hard to maintain. It is saddening when you have a group (like we did a couple of weeks ago) where you have to replace a microwave because they cracked it and then took a knob off the bathroom cabinets and even climbed up the ceiling and stuck a knife into my logs which could have fallen and harmed someone, could have been fatal had it fallen just right.

I am just glad I have more great guests than I do the other. But it is really sad when you put so much money and time into something and someone comes and damages it for no reason. but then you read a review from one of your guests and you remember why you started the business in the first place and it is all worth it

Thanks again and come back to see us soon. Winter is a great time to get into that large hot tub

Teresa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We spent our anniversary in the beautiful Hocking Hills area of Ohio. A friend had recommended Teresa's cabins which exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the "Jackson" which is privately tucked in the woods, as are all her cabins. It is perfectly located in the middle of all the trails we came to hike. It is equipped with everything we needed and has a covered porch with 2 rocking chairs, perfect for enjoying an afternoon rain storm. I have to admit, I was a bit intiminated by her lengthy contract, but fully understood upon arrival. This place is emaculate and Teresa will make sure it stays that way! Thank you Teresa... it was perfect in every way.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We recently stayed at the McKinley Cabin, it was fantastic. We arrived a little early to ensure we would be there at our agreed checkin time as the owner's time is just as valuable to her as ours is to us, we looked around and found the setting was beautiful. Theresa the cabin owner arrived right on time and asked if we found the cabin okay. We followed her into the cabin where she made some basic requests which were not out of line for someone who rents out their property to complete strangers. Theresa's demeanor was very pleasant, very down to earth and easy to talk to; she asked if we knew how to operate the remote for Direct TV and proceeded to show us the various functions. We stated for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. We would definately recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway from the everyday grind of daily life. At checkout time we were ready but not ready to leave, Theresa showed up and asked how everything was and we told her fabulous and Thanked her for providing such a wonderful place like that for people like us to get away to. We chatted for 20 minutes before actually leaving. If your looking for a relaxing get-away this is it, the kitchen is fully furnished with full sized appliances,cookware and dishes, there was even coffee, hot chocolate, sugar, There were plenty of towels and a seperate beach towel for the Hot Tub. The beds were quite comfortable and the sheets and covers were so soft it felt like sleeping on a cloud. We are already planning on going back next year this time for a whole week and not just 3 nights. Thanks Again Theresa!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We recently stayed at Martin Woods Cabin McKinley Cabin, it was fantastic!! We arrived a little early because we wanted to make sure we got there on time, the cabin owners time is just as important to her and ours is to us. Theresa showed up exactly on time and was very pleasant; she asked if we found the place ok, and proceeded to walk in with us chatting nicely. Once inside made some basic requests that anyone renting someone else's property should expect, she also asked us if we knew how to operate Direct TV and proceeded to show us how to operate the remote contro. She showed us were the towels were and even provided beach towels for the Hot Tub. We enjoyed every minute of our 3 night stay and would recommend this place to anyone. At checkout time we were ready but not ready to leave, Theresa showed up and asked how everything was and we raved about the place and thanked her for providing a place like the McKinley for us to relax and get way from everyday life; we talked for 25 minutes. We will definatley stay here again!!

Warsaw,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

Just returned from the Martinwoods cabins and had a wonderful time. Everything you need is there and the cabins are always clean. Teresa has always been accomadating and friendly. This is my third visit to the cabins and have always had a good experience. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing getaway this is the place. We love coming here.
I usually don't write comments but there were a couple bad comments and this was hard to believe they had such a bad experience. I know everyone has their own opinion and expectations but I just wanted to say that these cabins are really nice and from what I can tell, Teresa will respect you if you respect her and her cabins.
Don't be afraid to try these cabins out!

I have read a couple of the negative comments and hope that it doesn't

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
martinwoods, Owner at Martinwoods Cabins, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
I just wanted to say thank you for the review , we do have many, many repeat customers like yourself (thank you for that, we love having you) and to add to what you said, you are quite correct when you say if someone respects my property I will respect them. I do have very nice cabins and just want to keep them that way for all to enjoy and when people break something or take something I do charge for it which I am sure if any person was honest and asked themselves they would do the same.
I cannot afford to pay for things that people break (I am not talking about a glass or anything like that, I am talking about chairs, thermostats, carved trees and beds etc), and I do not think I am being unreasonable when I charge to replace those broken items.

Just wanted to say thanks and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Martinwoods Cabins? Share your experiences!