“It's completely worth the money!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 attractions in Logan
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We have a Aerial Challenge Zip with 16 zip lines and 30 challenges, Family/Child Zip, Canopy Tour, Moonlight Zip, Waterfront Zip, Paintball, Ogo Ball, Disc Golf, Guided Ranger Rides,and a Educational Treasure Hunt. In the fall we are the home of the Wicked Forest Haunted Attraction. Which is open on Friday and Saturday nights starting late September through October. Check our website for more details.
Loveland, Ohio
“It's completely worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have been ziplining before at another location and it was average. So heading to Hocking Peaks I expected even worse honestly. I found the exact opposite! It was amazing! We got there, the instructor taught us what to do and let us loose on the course. You are in the trees the entire time and never have to climb any majorly huge hills to get to the next zipline which I had to do at the last course which sucked. INSTEAD, they do something awesome. They give you obstacles in between the ziplines to let you have fun while getting to the next zipline. Such as climbing netting to the next perch, swinging bridges, swinging logs, etc all in the air pretty high up! Awesome! You are safe the entire time as they take great safety precautions so have fun and have no worries!

Visited September 2012

Willoughby, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“Great Time!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We heard about Hocking Peaks Adventure Park after doing Ziplines in Mexico. We enjoyed it so much in Mexico and had ad opportunity to do it in Ohio. However, Hocking Peaks is more than Ziplines,it's challenges too! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and we cannot say enough about our guide Jordan. Being familar with the Zipline routine, he was very experienced and explained everything we did in detail, which really helped with the physical challenges! Not to mention his emphasis on safety. We were on the course for about 2-2 1/2 hours and did about 17 ziplines in addition to the physcial challenges. The last zip line over the pond was the best and a great end to the course! Thanks Jordan for a great afternoon...we had a blast!!!

Visited August 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Zip lining was great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I just did the upper course for the second time and can say that it is absolutely worth it. I have gone once with my ten year old daughter and once with my wife. Both times the guides were helpful, knowledgeable, and professional.

Some of the previous poor reviews raise some valid concerns about safety issues, but they sound as though they were written by disgruntled former employees. I would recommend this place to anyone and will be back again.

Berea, Ohio
“Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were there in early July of 2012. Honestly, I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the negative reviews, particularly regarding safety as our group that went on the Adventure Course included our teenagers. First, there are no helmets. I hate to break it to you, but if you were to have a fall from one of those zips/obstacles, a silly little helmet isn't going to do much for you anyway. Which brings us to the condition of the equipment. I'm no expert in zip lining technology, but the equipment looked to be in good shape to me. I saw no fraying on either the harnesses nor the cables. The guides made sure the fit was snug on all of us before we ventured out. At no time during the Adventure Course did I feel remotely endangered by any type of equipment failure. Please bear in mind, during the course, your safety is largely in your own hands and it is impossible for the guides to watch anyone every single second. If you want your hand held in the name of safety, go to Cedar Point instead. Overall, it was slightly strenuous for me (43 year old, soft in the middle, smoker), but easy for the teens. I would do it again. A couple of negatives: included with the Groupon was Frisbee Golf. We came out of the golf course covered with tics. Also, we stayed at Blackjack Crossing which are the cabins affiliated with this park (about 2 miles away). They were ok, but I'll bet we can find better cabins down there. Finally, the water slide was closed after being damaged in a storm, but we understand that Hocking Peaks doesn't control the weather. We thought the guides were friendly, the day was fun, and we would return.

Visited July 2012
Michigan
13 attraction reviews
“Needs updating Family part not good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Our family went here yesterday. My husband and daughter did the big zip line from a deal they got from another site. It was a 2 hour tour. They said that some of the lines needed tightening as they sagged too much. They really enjoyed their tour. It was 16 zip lines and an obstacle course in one. The family area, advertised as good for the whole family was a huge disappointment. I went on that with my 9 year old grandson. It was about 6 different obstacles about 3-4 feet above ground and 1 SMALL zip line. It took less than half an hour to finish and it cost $25. Way too expensive for such a small course. And, it was not a challenge to a 9 year old. May be ok for younger kids, like 3-6 years old. Would I go again, probably not. No helmets, sagging lines. Things not working like the Ogo ball for water or the big water slide. The tour guides were very nice, though.

Visited July 2012