“Rocky View Lodge Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hocking Hills Serenity Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hocking Hills Serenity Cabins
You added Hocking Hills Serenity Cabins to your Saves list
Logan, OH   |
Ranked #16 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Strongsville
“Rocky View Lodge Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Overall I would recommend this lodge again, however there are a few things that visitors should realize. It is stated on the website there is no TV reception, which was a problem for our stay since we could not watch the ball drop on New Years Eve, also there was no internet/cell phone reception which was inconvenient. WIth that being said it is a cabin in the woods.

The cabin was conveniently located near Old Man's Cave and the cabin itself was amazing. Beds were comfortable and there were plenty of extra sheet and towels. The hot tub was also a great perk, and yes the water does smell somewhat like sulfur but that is expected from the area of Ohio it is located.

I would recommend this lodge for any group of friends looking to have a fun and relaxing time. Plenty to do (fire pit, hot tub, pool table, hiking, great sound system with aux cord to hook a phone/laptop up to, even pong tables and extra pong balls)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our family (5 adults/2 children) stayed at the Leaning Tree cabin this past weekend to celebrate the holiday together. The cabin itself is beautifully built in a pretty setting. Unfortunately, the lower level has never been finished, so living space is limited. The furnishings are quite worn. A rug or something in the living room would definitely help to make it more comfortable and less noisy. The water is extremely sulphury and unpleasant. Bottled water is a must. Also, be sure to bring mousetraps and put your food in the upper cabinets or fridge. We easily caught four of the mice during the second night. If you stay during the winter, be sure to bring your own firewood as well. The hot tub was clean and hot, which was good. The biggest problem we had was that the first night we got 6" of snow. The owners sent someone out to plow the driveway and road. Great! Unfortunately, the second night we received another 2" of snow, but no one came to plow. The driveway and main road in were impassable. Several people staying in their cabins were literally snowed in. My son phoned the owners, the HH welcome center and several other cabin companies trying to find help for all of us who were stuck. We left messages for the owner, but they never responded. My son has Sprint, which had service/Verizon had none. We were supposed to checkout at 11am but the snowplow didn't show up until almost 2:30. Spending several hours waiting and wondering if help was ever going to come, while already having loaded the vehicles, was very stressful. The owner should have returned the calls to let us know what was happening. It is a cabin in the woods, I understand that. I just don't know that I would be willing to put my family in that type situation again with possibly no way of reaching help if there was an emergency. We were extremely lucky that my son's phone would work. Also, if you don't have a 4x4 vehicle, you may have a devil of a time getting up and down the driveway. Sorry to say it, but this is not a place where I would stay again.

Room Tip: Find a cabin that has a landline or some sort of cellphone service.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed the first weekend in November at The Snuggle Inn. We booked the trip before reading reviews about Serenity Cabins so we were a little skeptical. From the moment we arrived we were amazed. What a beautiful cabin. As soon as we walked in we could tell we were in a clean cabin. Everything was clean and fresh. The kitchen was fully equipped with literally everything you would need for a few days stay. We brought our own food for the whole weekend. We used the stove, microwave, and charcoal grill...all worked great. Very nice new stainless steel appliances. We were very worried about the hot tub being disappointing...NOT AT ALL! Very clean, warm, and refreshing. You can turn on the different color lights for a nice atmosphere at night. The bed was comfortable too. Very clean bathroom. I do suggest bringing a case of bottled water as the water is well and it does smell. No cell signal or cable but the flat screen TV is very nice and there is a DVD player. Bring lots of movies. It took us about 15 minutes to drive to Old Man's Cave so not too bad. I gave it an excellent rating because we are outdoor camping type people so we were very pleased with what we got for the money. Surpassed our expectations by far. Others may complain about this or that but everyone has an opinion. We are nervous to try any other cabin due to not living up to the The Snuggle Inn. It is true...you can see the Rocky View Lodge from your cabin but we did not hear any noise from there. The driveway is steep and small. We drove a full size 4 x 4 truck and it was VERY tough to turn around but we managed. Just gotta be a good driver. 2 wheel drive in the snow or ice up the driveway.....GOOD LUCK! We have ZERO complaints on this cabin. Well worth it and we will be back for sure. Nice relaxing getaway from reality, kids, and the real world. The only other thing is the cabin sits high up on the side of a mountain and the road is below. You can hear cars going by. We thought it was tucked back deeper in the woods and more secluded. Not a big deal to us but not what we expected. Not a deal breaker at all for us. I hope the owners continue to keep this place nice and keep up with the maintenance and the upkeep becasue they have a nice thing going and a great investment in the Snuggle Inn.

Greg & Lauren

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Westlake, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

2 couples stayed there 9 19-21. Cleanliness not the best, mouse traps on top of the fridge, dead bugs in many of the lights, property itself a little garbagy, but the biggest issue was cooking things or lack thereof. Not enough glasses, to have wine and water with dinner, without using coffee mugs. All frypans were crap, ruined. The grill was a joke, unusable, unless you want to grill on a rusty grate. Rust don't go on cooked meat in my book. And the water was un drinkable, so sulphery. Fine for cooking not for drinking. Simple couple of gallons of regular water in the fridge, how hard is that? We had to go buy some. Hot tub was great, beds fine, but disappointed overall. Simple stuff to make the place better, but lack of caring.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

A group of 12 of us stayed at Serenity Cabins Grand Valley Lodge over a weekend in November. We enjoyed our stay and had everything we needed to sleep, eat, and relax. I will definitely book with them in the future. Thanks for providing a great place to visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Snuggle Inn for several days toward the end of October. The cabin was beautiful. Everything was clean and well cared for. The bed was very comfortable. The hot tub, out on the deck was clean and warm. We spent both evenings in it. I was amazed at how fully equiped the kitchen was. All quality items as well. There is a sulpher smell to the water, but we expected that, it is well water.
It was pleasantly quieter than expected, as there is no cellular signal in the area. There is also no TV, but they provide a nice flat screen TV and a DVD player.
Evenings, we drove to Logan for dinner. If you don't want to drive, bring food with you. The appliances and kitchen equipment should more than serve your needs.
We will be going back again.
Be advised, the driveway can be tricky. It's steep in places and the parking area is small enough that turning around could be a challange in a larger vehicle.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Snuggle Inn this past summer. The cabin was beautiful and immaculately clean. The hot tub was clean. The bed was very comfortable. Microwave, range, and refrigerator are new and stainless steel. Appreciated having amenities provided, like the coffee maker, kitchenware, baking sheets, mixing bowls, dishes, and utensils. All we had to bring was food. I didn't expect them to provide coffee - it's a cabin in the woods, not a hotel. Nor was I upset that they had rustic decorations, again, cabin in the woods. It's true that there's no cell reception, but It's not the owner's fault that there isn't a cell tower in that area.

Now, that said, the only things that kept me from giving this an excellent rating were:
-The water - very, very strong sulfur smell. We had to make a special trip after we got there just to get bottled water. Then again, it's a cabin out in the middle of nowhere that uses well water, so not sure how much control the owner has over that.
- Not exactly private and secluded - The Rocky View Lodge is up on the adjacent dirt road within sight of the Snuggle Inn. Husband and I had intended to enjoy nice quiet nights by the fire but our neighbors in the Rocky View Lodge were easily heard having a rocking old time until the wee hours of the night. We ended up sequestering ourselves inside while we were there, so that was a little disappointing.
- Misleading advertising - I had never been to Hocking Hills before, so part of the reason I picked this cabin was because of the statement on their website that Old Man's Cave was only 1.5 miles away from the Snuggle Inn. It definitely is not. It's more like 15 miles, at least. It takes 4.1 miles just to get from the cabin back out to Rt. 56. Now, I wasn't overly upset about that - some of the cabins closer to the caves are exorbitantly priced, so I'm more than happy to stay in a cabin for one-third the cost of the others even if if means I have to drive a little, but be honest about that on your site. Until we we got there and saw where we were, we were under the impression we could easily hike to the park from our cabin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple