“best kept secret” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabins by the Caves

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cabins by the Caves
Save Saved
You added Cabins by the Caves to your Saves list
16680 Collison Road, Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #12 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Logan
grove city, ohio
“best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I think people must just be discovering these cabins because they are truly fantastic but don't often seem to be as booked up as other places. My husband and I take an annual getaway to Hocking Hills, usually staying at Getaway Cabins. One summer we decided to take the kids along but couldn't swallow the price of the larger cabins, so we decided to look elsewhere. That's when we first stayed with Cabins by the Caves in the Hillside cabin (for 4). We got a last minute deal on a weekday night for only $90--and the cabin was amazing, even better than the pictures online (which are great) due to some new furniture. We liked it so much, we decided to stay in the Sugar Bear (a 2 person cabin) for our next stay without the kids. Technically, we haven't stayed there yet, but it is our wonderful experience working with the owner that prompted this review.

I am sure we might be the most annoying reservation ever but we were never made to feel that way. First, my mom, who booked the stay for us, was able to get a unique two night weekend reservation, where my sister and her husband stayed the first night, and my husband and I the following night, having the cabin cleaned in between nights for no additional cost. Second, we had to move this reservation to another weekend after my brother scheduled his wedding in Jamaica for the same weekend (not a problem, no penalties). Third, (and the reason we haven't stayed yet), my children got the stomach flu and we had to cancel our Sat. night reservation, though, my sister is keeping hers for Friday night. I would have completely understood if this were a "tough luck" situation, but we were accommodated again, and allowed to rebook at a different time if someone else picked up the reservation.

And while we are now sitting at home in the sick-house instead of in a cabin in Hocking Hills, I am not so depressed because we didn't lose any money and will get to stay again at a later date. I really appreciate Cabin by the Caves and strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a great stay in Hocking Hills. Check them out at www.cabinsbythecaves.com.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Piqua, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

The Jackson had everything we wanted: it was a cozy little secluded cabin with pine paneling and a wood burning fireplace. The hammock called to us before we even went inside. We then decided to sink right into the big leather couch and watch the leaves fall outside the window. Following a nice little hike around Old Man's Cave and The Rock House, we lounged in the hot tub. It was so quiet and peaceful, just what we needed!

It was completely clean; adequately, but not overly decorated; and the price was just right! All in all, it was perfect (well, it would have been if we had remembered to bring a corkscrew for our wine bottle)!

We're planning on going back in a few months. :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabins by the Caves? Share your experiences!