“What a place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hocking Hills Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hocking Hills Cabins
14801 Burcham Road, Logan, OH   |
Ranked #4 of 23 Specialty lodging in Logan
Maumee, Ohio
“What a place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at the cabins last fall. It was quiet, romantic, and clean. We enjoyed the scenery!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I booked the wildflower cabin earlier this week, booking the romantic weekend get-away package for $750. This package included two nights stay at Hocking Hills Cabin, a dual massage in your cabin, a private traveling chef-with steak and lobster cooked in our cabin!! 3 gift certificates for our meals, dinner for friday night, breakfast and lunch for saturday, a fireside bundle which included robes, house slippers and bundles of wood. I have to say that the entire package was worth every single dollar spent!! My husband and I had an opportunity to connect and celebrate our anniversary and this was the perfect place. Our sevrice was great, Barb was fantastic, she set everything up before we arrived and we are so greatful for this!! Our cabin was amazing, so clean, the linen smelled so good, the pots and pans were in excellent condition. The bathroom was perfect ad the beds were very comfortable. the hot tub was clean and I just loved all of the deatil that was in this cabin. I have stayed in cabins in Gatlinburg several times before and they have nothing on Hocking Hills Cabins. We had a perfect, quiet secluded cabin and felt really safe as well. If you end up at Hocking Hills for first time like us, you have to stay at Hocking Hills Cabins. The cabins and service are top notch. Our stay here was perfect, we could not have asked for anything more. We just loved it and will definitely be back and will stay at Hocking Hills Cabins. If you want good service,a clean cabin, seclusion and a jamming hot tub, stay with Hocking Hills Cabins. We will definitely use Hocking Hills Cabins again!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was a great place to stay. We stayed in the happiess cabin and it was wonderful. The scenery was beautiful we even had the option to see some deers below our cabin. This was a very clean cabin and in a secluded area so we could enjoy time together. We would definately return here and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We chose Hocking Hills Cabins as our destination to be married in a private ceremony, and it was perfect. Short, sweet, and to the point, which is just what we wanted, although could have had more elaborate ceremony if we chose to. The flowers provided were beautiful, and the cake that was included was yummy... seriously.

The Anniversary Cabin is where we stayed, very clean with everything you could need for a weekend away. The hot tub on the balcony over looking the woods was great, as well as the view while sitting and enjoying a beverage...

We also loved the location, not too far away from anything, and easy to find (not fun to have search for an isolated cabin in the middle of nowhere when it ends up cuts into your vacation time).

This will definitely be a place we return to celebrate our lives together... thank you for a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and looking forward to a romantic weekend. Our home backs up to the woods so we are accustom to 'rustic charm' bugs and all. We had the Cherokee cabin in Cabin in the Pines. I noticed ants throughtout the kitchen, including inside the cupboards, and in the bathroom. I wasn't too alarmed since we were deep in the woods. Just before going to bed I turned on the lights in the bedroom to find swarms of ants all over the bed, headboard and nightstand. We tried to brush them off thinking it was maybe due to inactivity in the room but they were back in a few minutes. Needless to say I was mortified. I tried calling the 800 number but no one answered. The cabin did not have a land line and the cell phone signals were pretty bad. I had to sleep on the loveseat and my husband slept on the sofa. We barely slept a wink and left the cabin very early. I tried calling the staff but couldn't get a connection. We finally found someone at the office and were told we would not be charged at all because of the problem. They were aware of the problem for two weeks and they still rented it out. They charged us anyway and when I called they refused to call me back. I would never stay anywhere in Hocking Hills. We had to go home that Saturday morning and it ruined our anniversary. The people are unproffesional and rude and liars.
Shame on them for taking advantage and cheating people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
hhcabins, Owner at Hocking Hills Cabins, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
I'm really sorry you had an unpleasant stay in the Hocking Hills, however the business that you stayed with and the business that you posted this review to is not the same business. We understand that it is sometimes hard to distinguish our business from other businesses with a like name. Hocking Hills is the area that you are coming to not every cabin is called Hocking Hills Cabins.
Hocking Hills Cabins has been in business for 17 years and our current and past guest have a hard time distinguishing between which cabins were the first ones that we built. We have good clean water, fully equipt kitchens and fresh clean cabins. We do have the occasional light bulb go out or hot tub go down but we also provide our guests with a 24 hour cell phone number for maintenance. We live on the property and take great pride in our business.
We would be happy to give you a tour of our property on a return visit to the Hocking Hills.
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The owner did the EXACT SAME THING to me that she did to the woman who wrote the review in February 2011, except I made the mistake of making reservations and showing up. I went in with two groupons and she told me I could only use one. I read her the "fine print" on the groupon and it had absolutely no restrictions on how many could be used at one time. She literally told me "well, then it's groupon's fault and you have to deal with them. Not my problem". Not only did she say that, she said the exact same thing to me about how "Groupon's purpose is to bring more people in". She was incredibly rude. I walked out and will NEVER go there and encourage all of you to STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
columbus ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Being a previous resident of the Hocking Hills..I had not been back to in 5 years. Only had one night, however, it was so wonderful to go back to the quietness...Our cabin was absolutely perfect for us. The owners have obviously taken into consideration all the needs of a tenant..and most impressive to me, it was obviously how well they were maintained. Having an owner on site and taking care of a property is huge in my opinion. I had absolutely no concerns over the cleanliness of the unit and also of the hot tub. At night it was so relaxing to sit in the hot tub and soak in the sounds of NOTHING! and in the morning...I sat outside with my coffee and listened to the sounds of the birds...I heard cardinals-woodpeckers and a mockingbird...wonderful! Already thinking about when we can return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hocking Hills Cabins? Share your experiences!