“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabins At Hickory Ridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cabins At Hickory Ridge
37491 Price Rd, Logan, OH   |
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at the largest cabin, the Eagle's Lodge. When we arrived, the cabin was filled with candle light. Sparkling grape juice and snack were beautifully placed in the fridge for us. The kitchen was very well equipped and huge. My girlfriend and I spent a lot of time enjoying cooking there. The cabin we stayed has a pool table, hot tub (very nice), DVD player, etc. They did not have wifi internet when we stayed there though. The cabin is not too far from the town. You can get stuff that you need from Walmart, which is only a few exit away. Don and Ginny are very nice and take care of us really well. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bolivar, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I search the net looking for a place for my husband and I to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. I found these cabin then started looking for reviews! They were all right on!! The greeting on the door, candles lit, fireplace going, bath robes, fresh flowers and candy to mention a few!! The cabin was super clean and decorated like a home!! I never got to meet the owners but did talk to them a few times by phone. They were always helpful and nice!! I got to see the lodge cabin while we were there it was Gorgeous!!!!! Looking forward to going with some other couples for a get away!! We stayed in the homestead. It was fine for 2 but if you have another couple the 2nd bedroom wasn't private you have to go through it to the bathroom. Other than that it's a very nice relaxing get-away!!!! So don't be nervous just book !!! It's awesome!!! Can't wait to go back!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My fiancé loved our weekend at the Woods cabin. Bob and Ginny gave us great directions to the cabin- don't use your gps! When we arrived love songs were playing on the tv ( which we kept tuned to that station the whole time) and candles were burning. The cabin is small but absolutely perfect for two. :) It is extremely clean and smelled terrific. The small touches were super- robes, slippers, candy, and cute soaps. There is a cute swing by the fire pit and a grill for cookouts. When we had trouble with the hot tub in the morning Bob was there in 5 minutes to help- that is service! We had such a terrific time unwinding and relaxing.... If you need more convincing to book with the Cabins at Hickory Ridge- take this into account- on the ride home I got right on the IPad and already booked another weekend next year for my fiancé's birthday!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Homestead on October 21st. What a GREAT STAY, you can tell that the owners take pride in their cabins. They are very very clean, pay close attention to details to make your stay memorable. Plus, what a great price for everything you GET!!!! Have stayed at places with a much higher price that didn't have the extras like this cabin. We would definitely stay at this cabin again. Thanks again!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elyria, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I possess a combined total of almost 25 years in the hospitality/restaurant industry. I was a former senior executive for the #1 timeshare exchange company in the world and the former Maitre'D of the #1 restaurant in Hawaii. I've worked and lived overseas for 10 years, conducting business in 11 countries and have stayed in dozens of hotels and resorts around the world. My wife, is a trained Chef from Japan who was to take over as owner of an exclusive restaurant in Tokyo. However, we relocated back home to the States. Due to running a business and being a full-time caregiver, this trip was the first time in over a year that our family has had the opportunity for a "vacation". Naturally, staying in a hotel/resort of any sort, coming from our background, with a critical eye, it is only natural to "notice" things. Those in the industry know what I'm talking about.

My family (wife and 2 children - ages 10 & 13) stayed at the Eagles Nest (aka: The Lodge). Prior to making reservations, we, of course, did our due diligence and searched for reveiws. We were impressed with what we read. However, the written words do not compare with the reality of what we experienced. This cabin was indeed very impressive, exactly as the postcard picture shows. The outside property was well manicured. The inside was very emaculate!! Everything was "in its place", not strewn around willy-nilly. In fact, this cabin has MORE amenities and "things" than we have in our own home! My wife even said that the kitchen was outfitted more than her own kitchen! The kitchen is very modern with nice fridge, microwave and oven; and, enough cutlery, glasses and plates to feed a small army. The floors were even clean enough to eat off of. All appliances, lights, jacuzzi, grill, TVs, etc. worked to perfection. In fact,in the game room downstairs, watching the large screen TV with the 4 additional speakers felt like we were in a movie theater! That was fun, as a family, watching a DVD and eating popcorn in the dark. And our children never got tired of playing pool and chess. They had more board games available inside the property. Of course, relaxinig in the jacuzzi against the backdrop of complete SILENCE and all of the surrounding trees of every color imaginable was simply fantastic and memorable beyond words.

In all of my travels, I've never stayed in a hotel, not even in a timeshare property that even came close to what this property offered. The icing on the cake was the professional, down-home hospitality extended to our family by Don and Ginny. They ensured that we arrived safely, provided a personal tour of the property upon arrival and was readily available by phone if we had questions or needed assistance. And, as busy as they were, they still made time to personally thank us for staying at their property at check-out. Many hotels don't need to provide that extra "touch" because the "money is already in the bank" (i.e. credit card reservation). However, my wife and I believe that Don and Ginny are genuine and possess a sincere desire to build human relationships and not merely build a monetary "nestegg".

This property, although secluded, was nevertheless within easy driving distance of the major attractions. Canoing was only about 15 minutes away right near a Walmart shopping plaza where all of your supplies and food can be found. Old Man's Cave and Ash Cave was only about 30-35 minutes away.

The only negative was the amount of time my wife and I spent over many, many hours searching literally hundreds of properties. With so many properties in the area vying for our money and with many showing "pretty pictures" and using the right descriptives and adjectives to "hook us", it was the reviews of others regarding this property and of the service provided by Don and Ginny that sold us. In short, if you are reading this and are looking for a place to stay in the Hocking Hills area, please do not invest (i.e. waste) any more valuable time in your search. If you are looking for a relaxing place with splendid scenery, superb amenities and wonderful, personal attention, you might find this with another propery, however, since "time" is irreplacable, you can stop your search now and contact Ginny or Don for a reservation. You will absolutely not be disappointed.

Oh, and if you do visit this property, you'll only need to bring your clothes, camera, cellphone and your wallet. Food is close by, as is gas (for your car). Everything else, Don and Ginny have already anticipated and have provided inside and outside the cabin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in The Woods September 15th through 18th and it was amazing. The cabin is so warm and cozy and completely private, which was exactly what we were looking for. We are low-key people and really needed to get away from our jobs and everyone else! When we arrived the welcome sign had our names on it and candles were lit and soft music was playing. There was a bottle of sparkling grape juice and 2 glasses in the fridge. There were even two thick robes in the bedroom. The bed was so comfortable. It was such a great weekend that we called and asked if the cabin was available an extra day and, fortunately, it was! The owners even gave us a discount which was terrific. We had ordered firewood and that was neatly stacked up outside by the fire pit. The screened-in front porch was so nice and the back deck with hot tub and gas grill was awesome. We didn't even go to any of the restaurants in town - the cabin had all of our cooking needs (well, except measuring cups but that's not a big deal). We left two items at the cabin and the owner called us that day to make arrangements to get them to us, offering to ship them since we are 3 hours away! We will most definitely go back in the spring. The cabin and surrounded wooded area provided us with the privacy and peacefulness that we were looking for - WAY AWESOME PLACE! I can't stop thinking about what a wonderful weekend we had at such a wonderful place! Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Worthington, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

we went to the cabin for a girls retreat. one of my gf's surprised me and showed up for the day, the owner showed up at the door and was very angry that we didnt tell him that the extra person was coming. we had no idea that someone couldnt come and visit while we were at the cabin. he threatened to kick us out and accused us of "theft of services" it was an honest mistake but even after we said we would pay the extra he continued on yelling at us. we were not a bunch of kids partying we were a bunch of old ladies drinking wine and watching old movies. he ruined my weekend. on top of that our balance due was 489.00 and he charged my card 595.00 and now i cant get ahold of them. be wary when you rent from them. I have never been treated so badly and we have rented cabins in hocking almost every year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
hickoryridgecabins, Owner at Cabins At Hickory Ridge, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We are sorry you had such a terrible weekend, but feel we need to address some of the issues in your complaint. In your reservation confirmation, it clearly states that if adding additional people to your stay, you need to notify us. Your reservation was initially for 2 people; when you add 2 more people, the rate goes up which is clearly stated on the webpage and in your confirmation. We do appreciate the fact that you did call us and let us know that there would be 4 instead of 2. Also included in your confirmation was that if additional people come to the cabin, there will be an additional charge (which we did not process) . Evidently someone in your group knew your friend was arriving and provided her with the directions to the cabin, which are provided in your confirmation only. We did not "yell" or threaten or accuse you. We have been in contact with you via email; but were not in the office at 9 pm when you called. We stand on our reputation and hope other viewers will read this and understand our point of view. Thank you

Been to Cabins At Hickory Ridge? Share your experiences!