“Comfort 1......disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort in the Woods Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Comfort in the Woods Cabins
Save Saved
You added Comfort in the Woods Cabins to your Saves list
Fairview Rd., Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Specialty lodging in Logan
“Comfort 1......disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The owner is VERY kind & professional. The cabin was surprisingly spacious, but when we started up the hot tub jets, within 3-4 minutes the entire thing looked like a bubble bath. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Then my hubby went to use the bathroom, & there was dried urine & fecal matter on the toilet set. There was some cleaner, but it was almost gone. So on my 20 minute drive to Walmart to buy cleaner, I called the owner. She was very kind & apologetic offering to clean the bathroom & educated me that the excessive hot tub bubbles were from an all natural cleaner they use & she didn't rinse it all out, prior to refilling the tub. She did assure me it was safe & ok to use. Unfortunately, after seeing the dirty toilet, I questioned the cleanliness of the cabin. So our anniversary getaway was ruined, & we immediately packed up and drove the 3.5 hour ride back home. We will not utilize this company in the future. We come to hocking hills about once a month & were really disappointed with this cabin company. To be fair the owner did say that she could come down, but she did mention that her spouse wasn't home & she had her kids. We didn't want her to make the 45 minute drive at 8:30pm, when we knew at that point we were leaving. She did mention that she would refund us the 335.00 since we got there & promptly left. So we will see.

• Stayed April 2013
ComfortintheWoods, Owner at Comfort in the Woods Cabins, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We pride our selves on the cleanliness of our cabins. We have multiple return guests and you can read the Trip Advisor reviews which are testament to our cleanliness and quality.
After I explained to this guest the water in the hot tub had just been changed and the bubbling was not an issue, she then mentioned the toilet was dirty. I offered multiple times to immediately come and re-clean the bathroom however, the guest insisted that we not come to the cabin at 9pm as they would be leaving regardless. When I arrived the next morning it was clear this guest had stayed. The bed was messed and looked slept in. There were two wet towels laying on the bathroom floor and the garbage was full with several empty liquor bottles. In addition, the bedroom closet door was broken. This guest had clearly stayed and seems to be just looking for a free vacation.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Comfort #1 for two nights, March 25-27. We had a very relaxing time. Even with the snow we were still able to hike at the nearby attractions and enjoy a cozy fire at the cabin's fire pit. The cabin was very clean and we felt that it had everything you needed as well. Can't wait to plan a return trip!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary. The cabin was perfect for two. Very clean and just remote enough. Hot tub was great. Good communication with the owners, who were very friendly. Will use Comfort in the Woods again.
Anthea Simpson

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Granville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We took advantage of the mid week rates and stayed at Comfort One. The directions were accurate. We found it easily in its remote location. The setting is just remote enough. It is a very clean and attractive cabin. The hot tub on the back porch was very nice with the snow flakes dancing in the air. We read books, had a nice meal at The Inn at Ash Cave and hiked the Ash Cave trails.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the cabin, Comfort Too, and it was simply amazing. I asked Kelly for roses, candles, and chocolate strawberries. She was able to accommodate me to surprise my fiance, and it was perfect. Kelly was extremely helpful. The cabin was very clean, and well kept. The hot tub was great to relax in each night, and the seclusion of the cabin was unexpected, but great. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spent New Year's at cabin 4 and it was great! Very convenient to all of the sight seeing and easy to find. The cabin was clean and the hot tub was well maintained. The four of us had a great time! We would all come back for another stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed At the comfort too Three times, And we love it. The location, seclusion, and style of the cabin Keeps us coming back, and the next time we will rent comfort too again. We have made some very special memories in that cabin.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Comfort in the Woods Cabins? Share your experiences!