“A break in Haven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Man's Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Man's Haven
Save Saved
You added Old Man's Haven to your Saves list
29530 Saving Hollow Rd., Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #9 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Sylvania, Ohio
“A break in Haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Old Man's Haven in cabin 4 for a 2-day getaway. The cozy cabin was perfect for us. The fireplace was beautiful and the entire inside was very warm and homey. They have a dollar game that was a lot of fun, played among the guests who stay there. We had an awesome stay and will definitely be back one day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My boyfriend, our two dogs, and I stayed in Cabin 4 at Old Man's Haven December 2012 for 3 days.

The cabin has one large room with a couch and tv on one side and the queen bed on the other. There is a small kitchen off the main room, as well as a separate bathroom with a big shower. The kitchen is plenty well equipped for 2 people to cook a decent meal. It has pots and pans, knives, spatulas, a big fridge, 4 burner stove with oven, toaster, microwave, coffee pot, and some counter space.

The cabin was spacious, warm, and SPOTLESSLY clean. It's quite close to Old Man's Cave itself, which is very convenient for hiking. The hot tub on the secluded back porch was fantastic and very clean. My favorite part of the cabin however, was the giant wood burning stone fireplace in the center of the main room. The fireplace creates a nice divider between the couch and the bed, so the bed feels more secluded and like a separate bedroom. The couple who owns the cabins sells firewood for $5 a bundle. They deliver it directly to this little compartment that opens up in the wall of the living room, right next to the fireplace. You open up the little door in the wall, and there's your firewood! No need to lug it in off the porch! They provide matches and kindling to start the fire as well.

And finally, visitors to the cabin are invited to play the "dollar game." Visitors hide dollar bills around the cabin and leave clues in the visitor sign-in books on the coffee table in the living room. The next visitors follow the clues to find as many bills as possible, sign the bills they find, and re-hide them for the next guests. It is surprisingly fun :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I was in cabin #3 June 7th to June 9th and I had a lot of fun! I'm on vacation and go back to work Monday and this was a great way to end my vacation. Everything was clean, the hot tub was awesome! My dog Charlie loved it here! He felt right at home. Me, him and my fiancé went to cedar falls, ash cave, and old mans cave. We cooked steak on the grill at the cabin when we got back and had a camp fire later! So much fun! Highly recommend it to everyone! I'm putting up some pics of my dog and us in the cabin! Thanks so much Dave and cindy! - Brittany, Zack and Charlie. P.S. the dollar game is awesome! We found 11!

• Stayed June 2012
Valencia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Old Man's Haven Cabin 3 over Christmas 2011, along with our 2 Labs. It was a wonderful getaway from start to finish! The one-room cabin, surrounded by trees, overlooking a pond and facing a large field, is very private, you can only barely see the roofs of two of the other cabins. The interior is exceptionally well-maintained and clean, a big job for a dog-friendly place. We cooked all of our meals, the kitchen is well stocked with the essential tools, just bring the food, The bed is very comfortable, plenty of blankets provided. The hot tub was great to relax in, outdoors in the cold air. The wood burning fireplace was warm and romantic, whether we were watching movies on the couch or laying in bed. And in addition to the year-round outdoorsy decor, they had it decorated for Christmas, too, a very nice touch! There is a fire ring and picnic table outside, and another picnic table below the cabin with a nice view of the pond. There was not a single thing that was missing, Dave and Cindy have anticipated every need.
We were fortunate to have unusually warm weather for December, so getting up the steep driveway was no problem. Walked the dogs in the field and they swam in the pond, a real treat for Labs! After hiking the famous trails of the Hocking Hills parks, Cabin 3 was a warm and cozy place to retreat to.
It was difficult to find a small cabin that was also dog-friendly, and to find one so inviting was a real bonus. I would highly recommend Old Man's Haven for a romantic, relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: This is a one-room cabin, might be a little tight for more than 2 people, but just right for couples...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

For our 20th wedding anniversary, my wife and I spent the weekend (Nov 4 - 6, 2011) in Hocking Hills. After researching extensively on the internet, we decided on Old Man's Haven and are glad we did. We stayed in Cabin #4 and we had no dissapoints and Cindy was great. The cabin was immaculate, and everything you can need was there, there was an abundence of top quaility towels and lineans and the cabin was well decorated (Cindy and Dave went over and beyond what one would expect in a vacation cabin), it felt like home and their attention to detail was evident.

The hot tub was great, the property fantasic and of course the Hocking Hills Parks and trails were wonderful. I also arranged a surprise couples massage thru Blue Valley Massage and wasnt expecting much, but guys you will be surprised at how relaxing it was and I (we) highly recommend.

We have nothing negative from our experience, the bed was comfortable, cabin well stocked, view and hot tub awesome. I did forget to get ligher fluid for grill and while running to the local store to get some (make a left on main road toward Old Mans Cave and is a couple of miles on right, has great ice cream also), my wife called Cindy and found out that their was 2 bottle under sink (I had only checked the storeroom off the bathroom). Lesson leaned, if you need anything call Cindy first!

Stay here and you will not be dissapointed. Cindy and Dave, thanks again for a great time, we will be back in the summer with our kids and look foward to catching some fish out of the pond.
Jeff and Vanessa

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was our first stay at Old Man's Haven and won't be our last! We stayed in cabin #2 for 3 nights (10/19-10/23) and we cannot wait to go back. The property is mostly private and tucked away. The cabin was clean and cozy. You would never know they allow pets. Our dog Dutch was in heaven with all the trees, the atmosphere is indulgent. My husband and I were very impressed w/everything, the owners Dave and Cindy are kind and obviously take pride in their properties.

We were celebrating our 9th Wedding Anniversary and decided to have dinner at Rhapsody in Nelsonville, we HIGHLY recommend if you're up for a night of fine dining! ( I also recommend bringing along a iron/small ironing board as this is literally the only household item the cabin didn't have)

I also recommend doing the Hocking Hills Canopy Tours and adding the super zip. Highly worth the time and money!

We cannot wait to come back and bring our girls. Making new reservations now!!
Cheers to you on your travels! Jesse and Stacy

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
beavercreek, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I cannot believe that Old Man's Haven is just #3. It's #1 in our eyes! We have stayed at OMH about 6 times over the past ten years and have tried every cabin. I have recommened them to countless friends! Our favorite for the two of us is #4 (because of the fireplace visable from the bed) and #1 when our sons are with us. OMH was the site of our very first family vacation and it always feels like home. I have never seen so much as a stray spider web. I will agree that the matresses could be more comfortable....but understand why an inn keeper would not invest in a more expensive set. My only wish is that they owned a cabin that would sleep more than four as I would love to travel with my widowed mother. Dave and Cindy go out of their way to make you feel at home and I thank God that they share their little piece of Heaven with us.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Man's Haven? Share your experiences!