“Look no Further” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Man's Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Man's Haven
Save Saved
You added Old Man's Haven to your Saves list
29530 Saving Hollow Rd., Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #9 of 24 Specialty Lodging in Logan
Cleveland, Ohio
“Look no Further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

For our 20th wedding anniversary, my wife and I spent the weekend (Nov 4 - 6, 2011) in Hocking Hills. After researching extensively on the internet, we decided on Old Man's Haven and are glad we did. We stayed in Cabin #4 and we had no dissapoints and Cindy was great. The cabin was immaculate, and everything you can need was there, there was an abundence of top quaility towels and lineans and the cabin was well decorated (Cindy and Dave went over and beyond what one would expect in a vacation cabin), it felt like home and their attention to detail was evident.

The hot tub was great, the property fantasic and of course the Hocking Hills Parks and trails were wonderful. I also arranged a surprise couples massage thru Blue Valley Massage and wasnt expecting much, but guys you will be surprised at how relaxing it was and I (we) highly recommend.

We have nothing negative from our experience, the bed was comfortable, cabin well stocked, view and hot tub awesome. I did forget to get ligher fluid for grill and while running to the local store to get some (make a left on main road toward Old Mans Cave and is a couple of miles on right, has great ice cream also), my wife called Cindy and found out that their was 2 bottle under sink (I had only checked the storeroom off the bathroom). Lesson leaned, if you need anything call Cindy first!

Stay here and you will not be dissapointed. Cindy and Dave, thanks again for a great time, we will be back in the summer with our kids and look foward to catching some fish out of the pond.
Jeff and Vanessa

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Westerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This was our first stay at Old Man's Haven and won't be our last! We stayed in cabin #2 for 3 nights (10/19-10/23) and we cannot wait to go back. The property is mostly private and tucked away. The cabin was clean and cozy. You would never know they allow pets. Our dog Dutch was in heaven with all the trees, the atmosphere is indulgent. My husband and I were very impressed w/everything, the owners Dave and Cindy are kind and obviously take pride in their properties.

We were celebrating our 9th Wedding Anniversary and decided to have dinner at Rhapsody in Nelsonville, we HIGHLY recommend if you're up for a night of fine dining! ( I also recommend bringing along a iron/small ironing board as this is literally the only household item the cabin didn't have)

I also recommend doing the Hocking Hills Canopy Tours and adding the super zip. Highly worth the time and money!

We cannot wait to come back and bring our girls. Making new reservations now!!
Cheers to you on your travels! Jesse and Stacy

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
beavercreek, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I cannot believe that Old Man's Haven is just #3. It's #1 in our eyes! We have stayed at OMH about 6 times over the past ten years and have tried every cabin. I have recommened them to countless friends! Our favorite for the two of us is #4 (because of the fireplace visable from the bed) and #1 when our sons are with us. OMH was the site of our very first family vacation and it always feels like home. I have never seen so much as a stray spider web. I will agree that the matresses could be more comfortable....but understand why an inn keeper would not invest in a more expensive set. My only wish is that they owned a cabin that would sleep more than four as I would love to travel with my widowed mother. Dave and Cindy go out of their way to make you feel at home and I thank God that they share their little piece of Heaven with us.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I took a much needed break from our fast paced life and spent the first weekend of October in Cabin 4. It was better than we expected. The cabin is very private and cozy. We loved the fireplace and hot tub. Everything was spotless and the cabin smelled so nice when we arrived.

We took the advise of friends and bought groceries on our way. I was pleased to find everything we needed to prepare and enjoy our meals.

The weather was rainy and cold most of the weekend so we opted out of visiting the parks, but enjoyed walking the grounds with our Boxer, who especially enjoyed all of the wild life. I dont think she will ever understand why the deer ran from her when her only intention was playing :-).

We will definately be back to enjoy another stay. I hightly recommend this cabin for anyone wanting to get away for a quiet romantic time with their partner. The best perk is no cell service!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Old Man's Haven is the perfect getaway for families, couples, AND your furry friends! Dave and Cindy Saving have created a clean, secluded, and comfortable place to escape from it all whether you stay for a weekend or a week. My fiance and I, along with our Lab Stella, have stayed there once a year (in March) for the past five years and we never want to leave.
Our Favs:
-Visits from the Saving Family dogs: Annie and Chance (and there is another dog that is a bit more shy so I don't know its name) will welcome you when you arrive at your cabin. They love treats! Our Stella loves to have the play mates.
-The grounds: You don't really even need to leave the grounds to hike, just explore the beautiful land surrounding your cabin.
-The privacy: As other reviews have mentioned, you never have a full view of another cabin while you are in your cabin. Each of the 4 cabins are secluded, and the outdoor hot tubs are very private. Staff won't even need to bother you to refill your firewood supply; they load it into a shed that is accessible from outside your cabin but connects to the inside of your cabin with a little door. They fill it up, you reach in and grab your wood and no one ever has to see you.
-Proximity to bigger cities: My Fiance and I started going to Old Man's Haven when we were students at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, just a 25 minute drive from Logan, Ohio. Hocking Hills is also only about an hour away from Columbus, Ohio.
-The Little Extras: You can have groceries delivered straight to your cabin, couples massages, or have dinner cooked for you by a private chef in the privacy of your own cabin. Old Man's Haven also offers fruit & cheese plates or bottles of wine/champagne so that they'll be waiting for you when you arrive.
-Walmart: There is a Super Walmart in Logan just about 10-15 minutes away from Old Man's Haven. There you can purchase groceries to stock up your cabin or any of the little things you might have forgotten for a reasonable price.
-The best Pet Rates in Hocking Hills- We searched extensively and coundn't find a better price per-night as far as pet rates are concerned anywhere in the Hocking Hills.
-Technology free- Your phones or wireless computers won't work here, as is the case at most places in the Hocking Hills. But that's part of the reason we go to the Hocking Hills each year- the satellite TV is all we need as far as technology is concerned.
Our Not-So-Favs:
-Cabin #3 has a room seperator that blocks the view of the television from the bed. Cabin #3 is our favorite so we don't let that stop us; We just remove the curtains from the room seperator to make the television visible and replace the curtains before we leave.
-The beds aren't the MOST comfortable beds you'll ever sleep on, but they'll certainly work after a long day of hiking when you could probably sleep on the hardwood floor anyway. We always bring along a full-sized mattress pad to cushion the bed a bit and that's all you need.
-They do not provide towels for the hot tub and we always seem to forget to bring some, even after five years. Dave and Cindy will certainly let you use some of their towels though, so just stop by the office and pick some up. (They do recommend that you bring your own hot tub towels when you make a reservation.)
-Hocking Hills is located in a "Dry" county which means that alcohol is not sold- but alcohol can be bought very close by. Just ask Dave or Cindy to help you locate the closest place to purchase alcohol.

Overall, if you're looking for a comfy, inexpensive, and clean place to stay in the Hocking Hills you've found it! Enjoy the "Dollar Game" they play in each cabin and don't forget to write Dave and Cindy a thank-you message in the guest log. You'll be back year after year to enjoy the Hocking Hills!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
hilliard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed in Cabin #1 and we loved it. From the moment we drove up the driveway we could tell that we were going to love staying in Cabin #1. It was clean, bright and very well designed. We had been hiking for over six hours so the hot tub was a very welcome sight.
In the evening we built a fire with the free firewood that Cindy provided to us. We even tried to play the $1 game, but decided to leave the clues for the next guest.
We can highly recommend Old Man's Haven and Cabin #1 for you and your family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rockcreek,OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and two children recently stayed 3 days in cabin #2. The entire stay was wonderful. The cabin was equipped with everything that is needed for a comfortable stay. We loved the fact that we were able to bring our dog along as well. We had a blast visiting all the caves and hiking trails, and are planning on returning next year. I would recommend Old Man's Haven to anyone that wants to get away from the everyday rush of life and just enjoy relaxation and family time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Old Man's Haven? Share your experiences!