This was our first time visiting the Hocking Hills area. Myself, my husband, our 2 children (15, and 10) and our 2 dogs... stayed in one of the A-frame cabins. #14. I must say, the pictures especially for #14 don't do it justice, I remember when booking it, I thought..... the cabin looked "dated" but when we arrived, its much different than the photos, I'll def be posting some User Photos of #14. Its beautiful, much more updated than the photos show. Cozy and just the right size for 4 people. Even if you have children. We thought since we were so close to the other A-frames that we wouldn't have much privacy, but you really do. Its cozy. We loved reading alll of the notes left in the cabin folder from other guests and the experiences they had.
TIP FOR WIVES AND MOMS:: If you're wondering what to take to cook for your family.... there are 4 of everything cups plates, silverware.. etc. I planned on cooking a nice dinner on our last night there ( which i managed to do ) i knew there were only two burners when I booked it.... but it does make it difficult to have two large skillets going at once.... SO.... keep that in mind.
The hot tub.... GREAT!!! so relaxing... I actually had to keep getting out just to cool myself off so i could get back in and enjoy it longer~ and it was 30 degrees outside. The kids LOVED THAT.
our one and only complaint was...... the comfort of the beds..... OUCH~
and I'm not picky!
Ash cave was OUR FAVORITE!!! beautiful!!!!
Old man's cave... GORGEOUS!!! the pics on here do not do it justice.
The entire trail was... ICE, and it was in the upper 50s that day. We had to turn back, since we had all taken a tumble once or twice on our hike. I can't wait to return and do it in the summer. OR fall!
I wish we stayed more than just two nights, it just didn't seem long enough :-( we were sad to leave, enjoyed our stay very much.The A-frames are great for a weekend getaway.
Next time though, I think we're going to get a bigger cabin, with a full kitchen and seclusion. And stay a lot longer than 2 nights, For the full effect of "CABIN RETREAT"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1988, Old Man's Cave Chalets is the original cabin rental operation of the Hocking Hills. With over 50 premier cabins, Old Man’s Cave Chalets is the number one preferred and most referred cabin rental lodging in the Hocking Hills area. With private hot tubs, swimming pools, and nearby State Parks, there is something for everyone at Old Man’s Cave Chalets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Old Man's Cave Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Man`s Cave Chalets Hotel Logan
- Old Man's Cave Chalets Ohio/Logan