We stayed in the "Slopeside" cabin Sun-Weds. The setting was amazing. The chalet was more than we expected. We spent our days hiking at the state park and our nights in the hot tub. This is a very secluded setting. There was one other cabin 200 yards away, which stayed empty, other than that it was just us and the wilderness. My biggest issue was the level of chemicals in the hot tub. It tarnished all my silver jewelry which was my own fault for not removing them. Our skin itched all 3 days and my arms developed raised bump like sores. I understand that they must keep the bacteria under control however I think they needed to adjust the pH of this hot tub. We made them aware of this issue and they sent a technician out that day. It seemed that the problem wasn't corrected as the water continued to dry us out and make us itch. I am not sure if it was due to the water problem or if it was unrelated but the sheets on both beds were really dry and itchy. A touch of fabric softener would help tremendously! Overall we loved this place. We used the basket on top of the fridge to transport our drinks and snacks out to the hot tub which is about 10 steps away. Bring your own spirits because the mom and pop shops on the way are limited and very expensive. Next winter we are packing a small humidifier. Bring a music source to plug in on the porch for "hot tub time". There are no neighbors to complain and the deer here love slow jams.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1988, Old Man's Cave Chalets is the original cabin rental operation of the Hocking Hills. With over 50 premier cabins, Old Man’s Cave Chalets is the number one preferred and most referred cabin rental lodging in the Hocking Hills area. With private hot tubs, swimming pools, and nearby State Parks, there is something for everyone at Old Man’s Cave Chalets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere and Tingo so you can book your Old Man's Cave Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Man`s Cave Chalets Hotel Logan
- Old Man's Cave Chalets Ohio/Logan