My husband and I stayed in the "Outback" chalet last weekend, and our visit could not have been more perfect. Booking was a snap, the staff was incredibly nice and our chalet was exactly what they represented online. The decor was up to date, the sheets and linens were perfectly fresh, clean and inviting. It was also conveniently located - about 5 minutes from OMC, 10 minutes from the chalet offices and 15 from Lake Logan. The guest pool was small, but very nice and clean (no overkill on the chlorine).
I will agree with other reviewers that the water in the chalet itself does have a strong sulfur smell, but really no worse than any well water I have ever encountered. You have to remember you're a little further out in the country! Besides, it's not like the water smell "sticks" to you or anything.
Our getaway was just what the doctor ordered. We will definitely book with OMCC again - the sooner the better. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a peaceful retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1988, Old Man's Cave Chalets is the original cabin rental operation of the Hocking Hills. With over 50 premier cabins, Old Man’s Cave Chalets is the number one preferred and most referred cabin rental lodging in the Hocking Hills area. With private hot tubs, swimming pools, and nearby State Parks, there is something for everyone at Old Man’s Cave Chalets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Old Man's Cave Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Man`s Cave Chalets Hotel Logan
- Old Man's Cave Chalets Ohio/Logan