“Wonderful Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Rose Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Provided With Booking, Logan, OH 43138   |
Ranked #11 of 23 Specialty lodging in Logan
Youngstown, Ohio
“Wonderful Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was my wife and my first visit to the Hocking Hills area and we wanted to stay in a cabin instead of a hotel. It was our first time staying in a cabin. I found Blue Rose Cabins online and despite some of the really negative reviews I see on this website, I booked us two nights in the Rosebud Cabin. We had a great weekend there. It was what I expected it to be, a rustic, slightly worn, log cabin in the middle of the woods. While it showed its age and use, our cabin, the floors, the countertops, the stove, refrigerator, furniture, decks, and hot tub were all clean and in good working order. The hot tub was very clean and was at a perfect temperature upon our arrival. Privacy was not a concern for us, because we never actually saw any other guests near our cabin other than in their cars a good distance away on the main driveway. Based on some of the previous reviews, we brought our own cooking and serving pieces, but from what I saw in the kitchen cabinets their supply seemed to be fairly complete and in decent condition. While the bed was not as comfortable as ours at home, after hiking during the day, I had not problems sleeping. The quiet and privacy could not be beat. We arrived, stayed two days, and left, and did not have to speak with anyone. Our only suggestion for improvement would be to include a small cafe table and two kitchen chairs. That would be be better than eating meals at the countertop. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others. Just do not expect hotel amenities and conditions. It is a cabin in the woods.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed in one of the small 2-person cabins (Cupids Cabin) and it was dank, dirty, and just overall unpleasant. There are a lot of really nice cabins to stay at in the Hocking Hills area, but this is not one of them. We stayed on a weekend in October and it was just over $400 for 2 nights, which is an absolutely INSANE price for this cabin. We knew it was small, but the lack of a dinner table made things difficult. They do have a folding card table under the bed. It wasn’t until the morning, when we pulled it out, that we started to realize just how dirty this place was. There were dust balls under the bed that stuck to the top of the table as well as a lot of dirt – it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in months. The plastic flower decorations around the room, as well as parts of the walls, were caked with dust. The rug used as a bathmat for the shower was stained and damp, which also brought our attention to the moldy caulk around the shower that you can see while laying in bed. Speaking of the bed, it is extremely uncomfortable – not too soft or too hard (those are personal preferences), but sagging in the middle and just obviously very cheap and rickety. There was only one regular pillow with a pillow case for 2 people (there were other decorative pillows with shams). We lifted a couch cushion and there were crumbs and dirt all over, the coffee maker was completely filthy and unusable; the whole place was just gross. Part of that gross feeling is because it always seemed damp and musty (maybe partially because the shower is in the room and has no ventilation?). The problem is, you can’t even open the one (very dirty) window to air it out because it has no screen and the place will fill with bugs. Another issue is that even though you are pretty far from the other cabins, it feels like you don’t have privacy at night because the only curtain covering the sliding glass door (that the bed half covers) is sheer black. So if you have any light on at night, people can see in. The deck isn’t even nice – there are just 2 cheap molded plastic chairs (one of which was cracked) and a dirty plastic molded table. Everything from the linens and towels to the fixtures to the kitchen items and appliances are the absolute cheapest money can buy. The only positive item is the nice fire pit by the back deck, where we spent most of our time there. If it were only $75 a night, I wouldn’t be so angry (though that’s still no excuse for the filth), but I can’t believe we paid $400 for 2 nights. I’m sure the management will comment and defend themselves and say that we’re exaggerating (because their business depends on it), but learn from my mistake - look into the other very nice cabins in the area and skip the Blue Rose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Cupids Cabin. We send a confirmation email to all of our guest that tells the guest to check out their cabin upon arrival and call us from our public phone if there is anything that the guest are not happy with and we will send our cleaning staff out to first verify the guest claims and then fix/clean anything the guest would like us to clean/fix on the spot. This guest did not call us during their stay, this is the first we have heard from this guest. I am not discounting the guest complaints, just saying we were not given the chance to verify/address any of their complaints during their stay. We will check into the issues the guest brought and fix/replace as necessary. We have pictures of the inside and outside of all of our cabins on our website. I believe our rates are competitive with other cabin businesses in Hocking Hills, if are rates are outrageous then we wouldn't get as many bookings as we get, and we would lower our rates. I disagree with this reviewer stating the Cupids Cabin is dank and dirty. This Cupids Cabin is 7 years old and all of our cabins are cleaned after every stay. The majority of our reviews are either excellent or good and we were awarded the Certificate of Excellence for 2013 from Trip Advisor. We are not perfect by any means but we do take pride in our cabins and strive to provide a clean cabin for our guest and make our guest happy.

Thanks!

Derek
Sidney, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I never post reviews but i feel like i have to seeing how many bad reviews i've read since before i went to Blue Rose Cabins. I surprised my boyfriend with a one night weekend stay for our anniversary this past weekend and absolutely loved it. We stayed in the Love Birds cabin since it was only the two of us and i will definately be coming back. It was cleaner than any hotel i've ever stayed at and had everything we needed. I have already recommended a ton of my friends to stay here. Thank you to Blue Rose cabins for the perfect gataway and I can't wait to come back!

Moon, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

we stayed at the Tree Tops Cabin. It was closer to another cabin than I was initially expecting, but not a huge deal. From the outside, the cabin was lovely. Once inside, it wasn't bad. Seemed clean. We knew there was no cable, so we brought a DVD. Couch isn't the most comfortable, but not the worst. The hot tub was nice, temperature wouldn't stay up, but who knows, that could have been our error. Wouldn't even attempt to use the grill (needs to be cleaned) The outside furniture is filthy, but the deck isn't covered so there is only so much you can do. The bed was VERY uncomfortable. I would consider a new mattress. Overall, it was a roof over our heads. Overpriced in my opinion, but it is what it is for a state park cabin. Cute little cabin, could use updated pots. And a measuring cup!

If we ever return to the Hills, we will not use Blue Rose.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

A last minute trip to hocking hills proved to be the best medicine. We were treated to a cabin that smelled brand new when we walked in the door. Relaxing hot tub was nice. We enjoyed the evening on the deck after hiking. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful, Relaxing, Clean, awesome last minute Accommodations...a Great Experience. Bring your food, your personal hygiene items and clothes ;) pots and pans could use an update and prob no way around the well water, but overall it's a great place to stay in Hocking Hills

• Stayed September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed one night in the Cupids Cabin. Cabin was very clean. So was hot tub. Bed was extremely uncomfortable....saggy, creaky. Glad I was only there one night because I felt like I didn't sleep at all. Fully equipped kitchen could use just a couple more things and it would be great, i.e., a big bowl and a casserole dish. Very quiet and secluded. We could see two neighboring cabins but they were not that close. We used both the grill and the fire pit and had no problems with either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Cupids Cabin Guest:

Thank you for writing your review and we really appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will check out the mattress and see if the mattress is broken or needs replaced and we will replace it if necessary. We are sorry that the mattress was not comfortable for you. Again we appreciate your feedback and hope you come and stay with us again.

Thanks

Derek
Blue Rose Cabins

Been to Blue Rose Cabins? Share your experiences!