“Perfectly Fine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn Logan

You added Baymont Inn Logan to your Saves list
Baymont Inn Logan
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12819 State Route 664, Logan, OH 43138 (Formerly AmeriHost)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Logan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

And in this case, I got a heck of a deal! At $80/night, I don't expect perfection, but I do expect a decent place to sleep with nothing gross to skeeve me out. That's exactly what I got.

The location is great for what we were doing----OU one day for Brew Week, and Hocking Hills the next. Easy to get to, with a few little shops and Olde Dutch Restaurant and Arby's adjacent to the parking lot. Walmart and McDonald's a 2-minute drive away.

Check-in was a breeze. The halls smell like cinnamon air freshener with a hint of smoke in it. At first I didn't like it, but I soon forgot about it. Our room was fine, and nothing gross. Bathroom was clean, bedding appeared to be clean. Small fridge, microwave, safe, full-size ironing board, tiny coffee maker, small flat-screen TV. The A/C worked fine and kept the room nice and cool.

No staff was friendly, but they weren't rude either. They were just doing their job and seemed like they would rather be somewhere else.

Breakfast was fine, but they waste an awful lot of plastic baggies---all bread, waffles, bagels, and even apples are put into individual baggies. Wasteful!!

For $80/night, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
baymontlogan, General Manager at Baymont Inn Logan, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Logan. I'm very glad that you felt you received a good value for your lodging dollar!

Regarding the baggies on the breakfast bar, I can understand your feelings. However, most of what we do on the breakfast bar is governed by local Health Department regulations. At least you know that no one has sneezed on it!

Batavia, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

At the last minute, we decided to take an overnight trip to Hocking Hills. On the day of the trip, rooms became available, so we booked in advance at a rate of $169 a night.

While checking in, we were greeted by the front desk clerk who was very nice and friendly. As she was checking us in she realized that we did not have any discounts applied, so she asked if we belonged to AAA, etc. After telling her what membership we had, she applied the discount. Very thoughtful of her to ask. She handed us our keys and explained to use about the continental breakfast, pool, etc, we headed out the door to drive to the door closest to our rooms.

To enter the hotel side door, you had to have a key. Upon entering the hotel through the side door, the hall had a musty, funky kind of odor. Not very clean smelling. Our room was located just a short distance down the hall. The room was spacious enough. A small bathroom off to the right. A small safe to the left. Two queen sized beds. Flat screen TV, A microwave and refrigerator. There was a small sitting chair with ottoman in the corner of the room. The furniture was a little outdated. The chairs were showing signs of wear and a little rickety. There was a desk/table and chair in the corner. The table had spots of dried up white residue which was a little disgusting as well.

We did notice a couple things that we were a little surprised about.

The bathroom wasn't the cleanest. Dirt and dust int he corners. A few stray hairs in the tub. Mold in the corner of the shower insert.

The next thing we noticed were stains on the decorative runner that placed on the foot the beds. The stains appeared to be "biological"...most likely blood. Very disgusting. I'm not sure if these were somewhat fresh stains or stains that were left over after washing. The rest of the bed linens were fresh and clean smelling. So we didn't complain about the stained runner.

The beds were a little soft for my liking. I still managed to get a good night sleep. The A/C unit keeps the room very chilled for those hot days. A nice big window that overlooks the side parking lot.

The hotel did have a nice big impressive pool area. We did use the pool since we didn't pack swim suits.

The free continental breakfast wasn't bad. Choice of danishes, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, microwavable french toast, instant oatmeal, apples, bananas, milk, juice, and coffee.

Overall, the hotel was just okay for a quick overnight stay and probably would only stay again if there aren't rooms available elsewhere in Logan.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
baymontlogan, General Manager at Baymont Inn Logan, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel! I do apologize for the less than optimum conditions you encountered. I can assure you that it does not reflect the normal condition of our guest rooms.

When meeting with my head housekeeper regarding the items you pictured, I found that they had already corrected the problem with the table top and the stain on the bed throw. We had a bit of trouble locating the mold condition you pictured, but that was because we on the short side of average height! It wasn't until we stood on the edge of the bathtub that we were able to locate the problem in the corner above the shower surround. That, too has now been taken care of.

I would rather have had you let us know about these conditions when you arrived. We could have either corrected them so you would not have had to worry about them while you were with us, or we could have moved you to another room. However, it is observant guests such as yourself that keep us on our toes and help us to notice any deficiencies in our cleaning routines.

Thank you again for your comments and for being our guests!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

On Wednesday July 2, 2014, after a unexpectedly long day of hiking, I was extremely worn out. So worn out that I started vomiting and became dehydrated. I went to the baymont and tried to rent a room but the woman at the counter said that she couldn't rent to anyone under 21 (I'm 18). There was no manager and, though I thought it was ridiculous that an adult couldn't rent a hotel room, I understood she couldn't do anything about it. I was very sick from driving and asked if I could sit in the lobby for a few minutes until I was in a condition where I could drive. The woman behind the counter was incredibly rude. She told me it was only for guests, even though she wouldn't rent me a room. I asked if I could at least use a restroom because I was about to vomit again. She angrily told me that it's also for guests. Once she realized that it was either let me use the restroom or I was going to puke everywhere, she told me where it was. As I rushed into it she told me that I would have to get out if anyone else needed it. As I left, I heard her being very rude to an elderly woman at the desk. Whoever this woman was, she is the last person anyone should employ to deal with customers. She is rude and had no personality skills. She had no reason to treat me like dirt.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
baymontlogan, General Manager at Baymont Inn Logan, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Cole,
I was quite startled by your review. I find it difficult to understand how you were surprised that we would not rent a room to someone under 21 when you told the Desk Associate here that you had just been refused for the same reason at the Holiday Inn Express here in Logan. It is quite common, due to the fact that signing a hotel registration card is basically establishing a contract between the hotel and the guest, and 18 is not legal age for signing contracts.

In addition, when you were refused a room here and asked for a trash can so you could sit in the lobby and throw up, you were immediately directed to our lobby bathroom instead. Unfortunately, we are a small hotel with very limited staff and we do not have the facilities to offer emergency medical care.

I am very sorry that you had some type of unpleasant experience while in the Hocking Hills that led to your medical problem. I sincerely hope that you have recovered from your fatigue/dehydration or food poisoning without any lingering issues. Having suffered from both of those maladies in my lifetime, I know first-hand that neither is pleasant. However, it seems logical to me that someone in that situation would have sought assistance at the emergency treatment center just .2 mile north of us, rather than at a hotel.

Baymont Inn & Suites - Logan

Been to Baymont Inn Logan? Share your experiences!