“What Lima has needed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
lima
“What Lima has needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Born, raised, and now living in Lima, I can tell you that this restaurant has been a game changer for me and my wife. We love to try the craft beer selection, chat with the staff, meet up with friends/co-workers here and enjoy the feeling of a quality establishment. Rob and Jenna care about their customers, they remember past conversations that we have had, and it's more than a manager coming and asking "how is everything". It's more like "How was your trip to.....," and they are genuinely interested. They also recently changed the corking fee to 5 bucks from 10, and had a no-cork fee selection that you pay just the price of the wine. I love this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lima, Ohio
“Little Slice of Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I have started treating ourselves to this place once a month or so. We have a three year old and when we have a date night with out our girl we find ourselves here more and more frequently. Hands down, the best thing I have ever ate is the Bread Pudding made with Lima's very own Melo-creme donuts, and it has a syrup made with Maple Crown Royal. The last two times we've been there we have gotten the alsatian pizza and there amazing hamburger. Soooooo GOOD! Oh and don't even get me started on the beer selection, 10 beers on draft and everyone is a craft or microbrew beer. You won't be disappointed here, the best part is the pricing is extremely cheap for the cuisine. If you were to eat food like this in Chicago or Columbus you would pay much more.

• Visited July 2013
“Great wine-great atmosphere!!'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Our server was from South Africa and recommended some wonderful S. African wines. Entertainment is also an attraction. Highly recommend if you are in Lima, OH.

• Visited July 2013
Delphos, Ohio
“Best New Place in Lima”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Love the atmosphere & small plates. Great wine selection. The best salads around. I've had the sea scallops & risotto several times. I feel like I'm in Chicago when I'm there.

Visited March 2013
Lima, Ohio
“The best in Lima - hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The MET is a class act: good food/drink - friendly service - and reasonable prices.

Everyone should adopt a bar once in their life. You can only adopt a bar if you go there several times per week, know the staff by name, and they know you just as well. The MET is such a place - and if someone spoke poorly of her around me, they better be ready for a fight.

Great wine selection, although I prefer my wine made with hops and barley. Ask for Jenna, and she will steer you towards a wine that will become your favorite. 9 craft beers on tap from all over the world, and dozens more in bottles. True gourmet food - small plates, but great flavor. My favorites are their chicken and artichoke pizza, firecracker peppers appetizer, and their scallops with mushroom risotto - magnifique !!

The decor is casual and relaxing - there are couches for the posture-challenged, a large community table for groups, and intimate tables for two, crafted from old radiators by the very talented Rueben Gibson. His custom made one piece bar made from copper is beautiful.

This place is hard to leave, but easy to return to...

• Visited January 2013