“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lima
Kokomo
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I'm a Professional Driver and my Truck was in need of some repairs. At the Stoops Freightliner dealership there was a flyer of this Howard Johnson Hotel which displayed some of the amenities, which caught my attention especially since it said they take comchek. Seeing I needed a stay I gave them a call and they picked my up. When I first walked in I was amazed. It was a beautiful Hotel. I was captured by the indoor pool and jacuzzi surrounded by many rooms with a balcony. I noticed a play area which had air hockey, table tennis, fusball, and a pool table. Then I noticed they had another area with couches and chairs and tables for reading or being online with your laptop . Further to the right of that was a pizza lounge where you can order some of your favorite foods and have a few cocktails as well. The whole place was very clean. People were friendly and helpful. In the morning time they had a hot breakfast which I had eggs with seasoned taters with a belgium waffle. I really enjoyed my stay there! Most of the time, when I'm on the road and I see a flyer of hotels, the hotel which I go to doesn't usually have what is stated in the flyer. But this place not only had it, but more as well. The price didn't gouge you, the place was spotless, people were really friendly. I really recommend this place! I know if I"m ever in this area again I'll be staying at this Howard Johnson Hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Lima, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thanks for the feedback Mark. Our staff loves to hear our guests feedback. That is what motivates us to provide such a great service over and over again. I’m glad to hear we exceeded your expectations, that’s what we strive to do every day! I will pass along your comments to our staff and let them know to keep up the good work. Hope to see you again the next time you are in Lima, Ohio. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Zanesville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband, teenage son and I stayed here on Friday, April 20. We booked last minute on Hotwire and got a great price. Our room was clean. It had a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. The bathroom was very dated, but clean. The towels and linens were nice. The indoor pool was large and appeared very clean. They have a pool table and arcade games. The breakfast in the morning had biscuits and gravy and the usual things. If my son chooses to go to school in Lima, we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Very nice places . Stay was clean, nice front desk , lobby clean room was very nice and clean ,plus flat sreen tv. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012
JL1707, General Manager at Howard Johnson Lima, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thanks for staying with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please stop by again the next time you are in Lima.
Jeff Lee – General Manager
Mississauga, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at a Howard Johnson for the 1st time in many years, and our stay at the Ho-Jo in Lima, Ohio was really worthwhile! For the price, (well under $100 per night) we had all the amenities we require, free WI-FI, free hot breakfast, & indoor pool and whirlpool. While the breakfast could use some improvements, we felt that the value provided for what we paid was excellent! Would stay here again passing through Ohio. Well done on your renovations, Ho-Jo . You deserve more recognition!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

i would have loved to have taken my family they have a great pool and game area and a arcade but unfortanly i was there for bussiness and i will never make that mistake again half the time the internate didnt even work and when it did the connection was horrible i had some very important work that needed done before my meeting and i couldnt even get half of it done i had to go to my meeting early just to finish my work this was very inconveniant I was hoping to find a hotel were i could send some employes of mine to this hotel while we try to open a new branch but i will deff not be sending them here

As for the staff the Frond desk reps were very freidly and helpful Housekeeping you would have been lucky to get a smile out of them and i suggest trying to avoid the women that i was working the breakfest she was just plan rude.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RgorbyG1, Owner at Howard Johnson Lima, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thanks for writing,I'm sorry to hear you had an internet problem while you were here. We have worked hard to see that we have good internet. I have asked to review all rooms and see that any problems are corrected.
We Must have a good internet for our guests. I'm glad you liked the improvements but I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Had a nice time on our stay. Clean, roomy, nice pool and hot tub. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Kids went swimming and played games. The contineltal breakfast was amazing!! Thanks for a overnight get away!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
RgorbyG1, Owner at Howard Johnson Lima, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank You, We wish to achieve this goal of good accomodations and things to do for your family while you are here.I hope you had a chance to try our Pizza in the Lounge and some of our nightly specials we offer.
Thanks again
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at the Howard Johnson in Lima, Ohio with family. The hotel is very nice and offers an inviting lobby and a great pool and hot tub. Plenty of room for the kids to run around. It was a very nice stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
RgorbyG1, Owner at Howard Johnson Lima, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thanks for the comments, we are trying very hard to make this a nice family Hotel. It has been a very dramatic change to where we are now and we strive to improve even more.
We are definitely one of the Best Howard Johnsons in the country,if not The Best already.
We will continue to provide an ourstanding value to our guests.
Thanks

Been to Howard Johnson Lima? Share your experiences!