As a business traveler who is frequently on the road, I've stayed in many hotels, and seen the good and the bad. I've learned to keep my expectations low, since quality can vary greatly.
Occasionally a hotel comes along that is just amazing, and this fit the bill. The location was perfect; close to the highway and shopping areas, but far enough away from everything to be quiet at night. When I arrived, the staff had fresh cookies available for free at the desk. All of the staff -- even the cleaning and maintenance crews -- seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and helpful.
In the room, I was thrilled to find both ethernet and wireless internet access, and login was as easy can be. The room was big and tastefully decorated. The bed was big, firm, and very comfortable. Breakfast was served in the morning until 10:00 (much appreciated that it doesn't end at 9:00 a.m. like some hotels do), and included a wide and tasteful variety -- yogurt, bagels (and not Lender's bagels -- much better ones), waffles (although not a waffle maker), cereal, juice, fruit, etc. The hotel had a pool although I did not get a chance to use it.
I asked for a 3rd floor room (top floor), and this floor is 1/2 smoking. There was some smell of smoke in the hallway, but that did not trickle into the non-smoking rooms. The rooms have windows that open for fresh air, which I really appreciate.
The furniture in the rooms was new and clean. USA Today was provided free of charge. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. It's made me take a second look at the Holiday Inn chain, and I may make an extra effort to seek out Holiday Inns (particularly the "Express" version) on future trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is Lancaster's newest hotel, opened in May 2001. We are conveniently located on the Lancaster Business Route 33 next to the River Valley Mall. Our hotel has the extra amenities you've been looking for with an indoor pool, fitness center, business center, in-room movie rental, Nintendo and an extended complimentary Continental breakfast. Our large comfortable great room is a wonderful place to enjoy our specially prepared cinnamon rolls in the morning. We also offer ADA compliant rooms, 15 kitchenette suites, 10 whirlpool rooms, and 38 standard rooms with 1 king or 2 queen beds. All of our rooms come equipped with an iron, board, hair dryer, coffee maker, alarm clock radios, two 2-line phones with voicemail, micro-refrigerator, and free high-speed and wireless Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Holiday Inn Lancaster
- Holiday Inn Express Lancaster Ohio