“Wow! A+ hotel. Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albany, NY
“Wow! A+ hotel. Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2005

As a business traveler who is frequently on the road, I've stayed in many hotels, and seen the good and the bad. I've learned to keep my expectations low, since quality can vary greatly.

Occasionally a hotel comes along that is just amazing, and this fit the bill. The location was perfect; close to the highway and shopping areas, but far enough away from everything to be quiet at night. When I arrived, the staff had fresh cookies available for free at the desk. All of the staff -- even the cleaning and maintenance crews -- seemed to go out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

In the room, I was thrilled to find both ethernet and wireless internet access, and login was as easy can be. The room was big and tastefully decorated. The bed was big, firm, and very comfortable. Breakfast was served in the morning until 10:00 (much appreciated that it doesn't end at 9:00 a.m. like some hotels do), and included a wide and tasteful variety -- yogurt, bagels (and not Lender's bagels -- much better ones), waffles (although not a waffle maker), cereal, juice, fruit, etc. The hotel had a pool although I did not get a chance to use it.

I asked for a 3rd floor room (top floor), and this floor is 1/2 smoking. There was some smell of smoke in the hallway, but that did not trickle into the non-smoking rooms. The rooms have windows that open for fresh air, which I really appreciate.

The furniture in the rooms was new and clean. USA Today was provided free of charge. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. It's made me take a second look at the Holiday Inn chain, and I may make an extra effort to seek out Holiday Inns (particularly the "Express" version) on future trips.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2005

We stayed at this hotel in October 2004. This hotel was very nice, as it is a newer hotel. We enjoyed the queen beds in the room and the high speed internet access. We also had fun in the indoor pool. The breakfast bar was pretty good too.

Our only problem was when we were awakened by one of the most deafening fire alarms I have ever heard. It was about 5am. And my kids were crying (scared half to death at the loud alarm). Having stayed at another hotel where the fire alarm was set off by teenagers, I did not evacuate my family, but checked with the manager. He was running to someones' room when I caught him. He said that it was a false alarm, as I suspected. About 4 hours later, when I checked out, I asked the new front desk manager what caused the fire alarm. He said that it was a guest who could not sleep, playing with the room sprinkler. I said that the guest should have been arrested. I got no response or any compensation for the problem. Otherwise I would have rated this hotel an excellent.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2004

MY family stayed in lancaster on our way to the columbus zoo. Very clean had a nice indoor pool.

Big room for breakfast, felt safe, lots of vending machines close to the room.

local area has plenty of stores and restaurants.
We had pizza delivered to the hotel from rudy's
it was very good pizza.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster? Share your experiences!