“just what we needed.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Lancaster
Hyattsville, Maryland
“just what we needed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

After traveling many hours, we stopped here and were greeted by very pleasant and kind staff. We got a great room, convenient to the parking area. The beds were comfortable. The only thing that was not too good was the heating. It got a bit too warm with the fan on, and a little too cool with the fan off, requiring some adjustments during the night.
Easy internet access in room. Nice lamps with outlets built-in, saves crawling under furniture to get to them.
The breakfast was ample, tasty, appealing and carefully maintained.
Very nice place.Very accomodating staff. I would stop there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for letting everyone know about us. I'm glad you were satisfied with our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and our room was clean and comfortable. It's a convenient location, next to the mall and restaurants. The breakfast buffet was tasty, and our server was friendly and attentive, keeping our coffee cups full each morning. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Lancaster.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience. Our staff looks forward to your next visit.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The beds were clean and comfortable. The room itself was exceptionally clean. I enjoyed the cookies and apples in the lobby. The morning breakfast was good. The close location to the Mall was a big plus. And there were many nearby places to eat. Everything was great, and I would stay there again and completely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice things you had to say about us. We are proud to receive such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable with no ugly hotel comforters to deal with; there was a good working desk with plenty of places to plug things in (shortage of outlets is a big pet peeve). Everything seemed new or at least refreshed and the room was exceptionally clean. We booked this room for one night at the last minute; the rate was $109, a little high given the location (not even close to the interstate), but it was worth the price and I would have liked to stay a little longer to enjoy the breakfast, but we were up and out of there by 5:00 am. The had express checkout which was also a nice touch and typical of business class hotels.

Room Tip: We were driving down 33 and had a heck of a time finding this hotel...trust your GPS.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I read mostly great reviews with a few exceptions due to renovations. I took a chance. I wasn't disappointed. Nice hotel with very warm welcome and the front desk clerk was so helpful even recommending a great local place to eat. The cookies in the lobby were to die for - yummy! My room was clean and up to date. The price for value wasn't the best. I have stayed at more upscale hotels for about the same price. Other than that, I would consider staying again.

• Stayed August 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Booked a room at the summer special rate of $151.00/night. I realized soon after I booked the room, that the rate was high. Other hotels in the area and in Ohio are about $100/$110/night. Tried to cancel, but (my fault, I didn't read the fine print) was told this was a special rate and I would be charged whether I stayed there or not. Called Guest Relations and was told that individual hotels book their rate and there was nothing they could do. She then asked me "If she could do anything else for me?" I said, "No, you haven't done anything for me now." I have never had this issue with booking hotels. Even on specials. I will never book through a Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Haven't been there yet, but am already dissapointed with the customer service of Holiday Inn as...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Upon check in we were greeted by friendly staff. Then went to our room which was fairly clean with the exception of some previous guests toenails on the floor. The beds were supposed to be queen size but were only full size. Then the construction workers started working at 7am, the carpet was ripped up in the hallway and there were cigarette burns in the curtain and bedding but this was suppose to be a non smoking room. We went down for breakfast at 9am and the staff had started putting stuff away by 9:30 when breakfast was to be open til 10. We went to the gym and the equipment was not in working order.

• Stayed May 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lancaster, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear achlysadara,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and your room clean. I am sorry for any inconvenience our renovations caused you. I have taken note of your comments regarding our gym and breakfast. Rest assured we will address these with the proper departments. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our guest services.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon to our newly renovated hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lancaster? Share your experiences!