“Best Place To Stay in Lancaster” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best Place To Stay in Lancaster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was in town for 2 nights for my high school reunion. I have no family left in the area so I stayed at the Hampton. Very nice hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet even though it was at the end of the hallway near an exit door and the fitness room. Many restaurants and shopping nearby. Breakfast is included. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in Lancaster.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I checked in on a Friday and the A/C didn't work the room was HOT the outside temp 98* called the front desk they sent a " maintenance man" that looked at it for less then 2 min. And said it was good , I had to leave for a apointment and could not stay to see if it was working , when I returned at 1:30am the room was HOT , I called the front desk and the girl came to the room and said that all she could do was give me a fan , the next morning I left for a wedding , I returned at 2:30am to a HOT and dirty room , they not only didn't fix the A/C but did not clean the room , or empty the trash , anything ,,, all this for $144.00 a night never again

• Stayed July 2012
Pam B, Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning AC unit in your guest suite to our maintenance team and have also given them your feedback about fixing the unit. I’m sorry that we weren’t able to accommodate you but will resolve the issue with our maintenance team. I’ve also spoken to our housekeeping staff about your unattended room and assure you this is not part of our Hamptonality! I hope you will consider staying with us at again and see the improvements you have helped us make!

Due to your unsatisfactory stay with us, the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee was given for one night. Thank you for your review. Pam Berry, General Manager
Martinsburg, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

we used our hilton honors points to rent two rooms. The hotel was very nice, beds were super comfortable. The bathroom was very nice, good water pressure, and they give you plenty of towels as well as shampoo & conditioner. We didn't eat the complimentary breakfast, but it looked very good and they had a nice seating area. The neighborhood is nice and there were an ample amount of food choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay, close to everything, clean rooms and recently updated lobby.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed on Business.

I’ve never stayed at a below average Hampton. This Hampton is well above and as I expected. Front Desk Staff was helpful and friendly. The Hotel is located on a major highway, but traffic noise is at a minimum. You’ll hear the occasional truck or motorcycle, but not much more.

The room was clean and well maintained. Quiet AC/Heat, flat screen TV with 75 Channels, and a standard size work desk with outlets for computer & chargers. Microwave and fridge in the room Beds are very comfortable.

The bathrooms are quite large, with a lot of counter space and a non slip tub. Water pressure, and temperature was good.

Whirlpool, Fitness Room, and Guest Laundry.

Breakfast was the usual Hampton Breakfast with a large verity of hot & colds items. Although the Hampton Breakfasts are always great, I feel that Holiday Inn Express is slightly gaining the edge in the Breakfast category.

Food and shopping is very close. Anything you need is only a few minutes away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Adrian, Michigan
1,302 reviews 1,302 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I am generally a fan of Hamptons and this one was up to par. The location was pretty convenient in that it was in the middle of the commercial area of Lancaster. As such, there were plenty of choices for restaurants and shops to buy necessities. It was also accessible to the main highway into Columbus. The room rate was very reasonable. The rooms were up to standard for Hampton Inns. The staff was friendly and helpful. If you are going to stay in Lancaster, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

My boss prepaid for this location, just like he did in the past with other Hampton Hottels, when I checked in they made me pay for it which is fine no big deal, I did. My boss called them give them his credit card so they can reverse charges to mine, instead they charged my card again for same amount of money. I called them, they were not sure why that happen, they said they will call me back. Never heard from them again, I feel like I just been bounce around. This is the worst experience I had in my life!!! I will never stay in Hampton for as long as I live!!! People at front desk need to go thru some training otherwise with all this double charges, no one will ever stay there!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Pam B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that a billing error had occurred. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area.

Been to Hampton Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!