“Dont even think about it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Relax Inn

You added Relax Inn to your Saves list
Relax Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1327 River Valley Boulevard, Lancaster, OH 43130 (Formerly Knights Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lancaster
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Dont even think about it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Get out and dont get near it. It is filthy, out dated and evidence of bugs.We stayed here a few yr ago but since our relatives who live in Lancaster told us it was a well known for drug activity and had some Meth labs and purse thieves busted there, we opted to stay at the Holiday Express. We peaked at one room since the door was was open in the cold,, no idea why, not sure I want to know why either. We thought maybe it had been cleaned up and under new management but I took one look and thought otherwise. This hotel would be my choice if it were this or under a bridge but that is the only way I would stay there.

Room Tip: close to the mall but dont be fooled.. run!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Utica, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I usually do not write reviews, but I feel the need to share my experience to save you a hassle. I called the hotel to book 2 nights- My daughter is getting married and we had some planning to do. She lives in VA and I live in Michigan, Lancaster is a great 1/2 way point for each of us.I got to the hotel first. Upon check in I shared my excitement with the desk clerk of the up coming wedding and asked her for the nicest room they had! Well lets just say.. if that was the nicest room every other guest is doomed! It was in the back of the hotel facing the freeway and next to a a giant trash dumpster ( I wasn't concerned about the trash- but I was concerned that someone could easily hide next to it) as i entered the room I saw what appeared to be blood stains on the front portion of the vanity counter that holds the sink. I turned around to head out the door and noticed that the door jam had been pieced back together and haphazardly nailed and painted. The wood was still splintered around the new deadbolt. It was obvious that someone had kicked that door in very recently! I went back to the office and requested a room in a safer/front area of the hotel. The lady gave me a new room. that's when my daughter and 4 year old grandson pulled up. We entered the room and noticed the trash cans were still full of garbage and the carpet was filthy (food crumbs every where!) We assumed that because we switched rooms maid service had not been in yet- My daughter poked her head out the door and saw the maid service cleaning cart 3 rooms down. We decided to go get a bite to eat and start our shopping! We returned to the room later that night with a tired & cranky 4 year old- The room had not been touched! I called the front desk and she said maid service was not available this late. We decided to put up with it for 1 night. When my daughter was putting the baby to bed she became upset- The pillow was a bloody mess! She tossed it to the floor and we all very reluctantly tried to sleep. We made the most of the next day- Got up early to do some more shopping. When we came back to the room later that night to freshen up and change for dinner- The pillow case was removed from bloody pillow and tossed back onto the bed ( no new pillow case- just a naked pillow) trash was still over flowing. crumbs still covering the floor, and the 2 towels that we used were still on the floor ( the room only came with 2 towels and there were 3 people) I called the front desk- the clerk informed me that we don't "git" maid service because are considered "stay over guests" whatever that means? I begged her for a new room or at least clean linens and some cleaning disinfectant of some kind and I will clean the room myself! she said she had to call the owner to see what could be done, give her 10 minutes and she will call me right back. after 1 hour I went into the office and there was a shift change, the first girl i spoke to left! This "new" clerk told me the owner left a message for me- NO to a new room- NO to using their cleaning supplies- No refunds! We left and went to the Baymont Inn- I put a dispute charge on my credit card to get at least one night back- Credit card said, in the case of a hotel dispute i need to take it to the hotel directly- they can not intervene. I didn't even bother because they are not corporately owned! advice to owner- Do us all a favor and burn your place to the ground! on a positive note... The Baymont Inn was outstanding!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Maid service very spotty. They might clean your room and might not. Rooms need painted (paint doesn't cost that much guys)....looker like it hadn't been painted in years. Maids might want to look at the walls in the bathroom cause there are boogers stuck to the walls....yuck. last thing there needs to be some sort of light by the beds. Other than that it was quiet and they have lots of channels to watch on the tv. The beds were comfy too.

• Stayed October 2012
Hilliard, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We called for a room close to our campsite we were headed to in the morning! The hotel staff was not that polite and didnt even know the rates when I called in. When I got there the towels were not clean and the fridge and microwave were just in a pile on the floor. The top lock was not even on the door, since they gave themselves permission to come in your room whenever they feel neccesarry. Had to call the squad at 4 am because my girlfriend had bites all over her and was having an allergic reaction! We go back to the room only to find a bed bug in the bathroom sink! We took the bug up to the front desk and even though he was "shocked" (which I don't see how after reading all the reviews about bed bugs now) insisted that we stay until check out. When we declined and demanded our money back, with out proof of the emergency call -.-, he gave us half of the rental back. DO NOTT stay here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Bed bugs and roaches. We had change rooms 3 times because of the lack of cleanliness. We have traveled around the world and have NEVER seen a hotel like this. Do NOT stay here!!! We got stuck here due to last minute travel plans.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

It's called the "Relapse Inn" by locals for a reason. Not a nice place to stay in at all. It's a place for junkies and hard partiers. Definitely don't being your kids to this place.
If you are in the Lancaster area, stay at Shaw's, a historic bed and breakfast, or in one of the nicer chain hotels near the mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Parkersburg, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is discusting. It reminds me of a murder house. They have bed bugs in MULTIPLE rooms. My family and I wasnt there longer then 5 minutes before 3 women complained and wanted their money back. This place is the worst place. They have been reported for bed bugs and they have been in the paper,but nothing has been done about this place.Its gross and nasty, and I will never bring my family here EVER again.

Room Tip: Never go to this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Baymont Inn & Suites Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#2 of 5 in Lancaster
4.0 of 5 stars 191 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Lancaster
Holiday Inn Express Logan
BEST WESTERN PLUS Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
BEST WESTERN PLUS Canal Winchest...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
4.0 of 5 stars 189 reviews
Baymont Inn Logan
Baymont Inn Logan
#2 of 6 in Logan
4.0 of 5 stars 307 reviews

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!