“Great Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Colombian
Oberlin, Ohio, United States
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first experience with Colombian Food after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. The atmosphere is very causal and the service was great. After my first bite I decided to order carry out as well to bring home to my husband. The only thing that kept me from marking this as excellent is at that after paying with credit card for a party of two the waitress presented my "tip choices" on the Ipad. All of the choices were 20% and above. Very tacky. I have worked in the restaurant industry and generally tip well into 30% for great service so in the end she lost money.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Beachwood, Ohio
“Great casual food in Lakewood OH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner before a show at Mahalls down the street.

Food, service, staff, cozy outdoor dining area (in adjacent ally), BYOB, .... The list of really great things about Barroco goes on and on! Our waitress was enthusiastic and so genuine as she described HER favorite menu items and HER favorite sauce (of the 5 sauces brought to the table as condiments) in helping us to decide what to order.

The portions are very large and the food is extremely fresh and authentic Latin American style.

It is a very casual atmosphere and a generally fun place to go.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean and the open kitchen is a hub of activity - including sights, sounds, and aromas.

There is a beer and wine store very close - corner of Madison and W 117th in case you forget that it is BYOB.

Enjoy

Visited July 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Arepas are amazing, and gluten free!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was recommended to this restaurant by a friend and it did not disappoint. Little difficult to find unless you've been there before... near Madison Park and across from the church in Bird town, Lakewood. The server, a young Columbian woman, was very polite and knowledgeable on the food. Upon her recommendation we both had an arepa (pronounced a-ray-pa). They were delicious - hard to believe the bread was gluten free! We also had the guacamole appetizer and the plaintains were some of the best I've ever had (and I have some Dominican and Puerto Rican friends!) Go there with an appetite! Happy to see they now have a location downtown. Will definitely be eating here again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“Arepa, Arepa! So GOOD!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our family's first experience with Columbian cuisine. We all had a different variety of arepa. They are so good....with fresh ingredients. You have to try all the sauces too. For an appetizer, try the gaucamole with plaintains! Small, quaint spot in Lakewood, Ohio!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here the server was very attentive. The restaurant was on the small side but we did not have to wait to be seated. I ordered arepas and my guest ordered the Cuban sandwich. The portions were large! Overall the food was great and I would definitely recommend this restaurant..this was my first time trying Columbian dishes.

• Visited July 2012