“Arepa, Arepa! So GOOD!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 118 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Colombian
Cleveland, Ohio
“Arepa, Arepa! So GOOD!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our family's first experience with Columbian cuisine. We all had a different variety of arepa. They are so good....with fresh ingredients. You have to try all the sauces too. For an appetizer, try the gaucamole with plaintains! Small, quaint spot in Lakewood, Ohio!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here the server was very attentive. The restaurant was on the small side but we did not have to wait to be seated. I ordered arepas and my guest ordered the Cuban sandwich. The portions were large! Overall the food was great and I would definitely recommend this restaurant..this was my first time trying Columbian dishes.

• Visited July 2012
North Olmsted, Ohio, United States
“Great little gem in Lakewood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great little restaurant. It's BYOB. The service was helpful and attentive. The arepas were so yummy!

• Visited May 2013
“Fabuous Arepas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Visiting Cleveland I checked out a number of Trip Advor recommendations and this was my favorite. The arepas (which I had never heard of before the trip) were so great I had them make another order to take back to the hotel.

• Visited March 2013
Crystal Lake, IL
“Arepas were good, but not the place for a group.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Having grown up in South America I was very excited to go to Barroco and eat Arepas. We had a group of 7 and were immediately seated. Unfortunately we had 3 smaller tables come in after us who all ordered after us and received their food before us. When we finally received our food they forgot one of our dishes and so by the time they served our last person the food was luke warm at best.

The food was good and I liked the fun sauces. The worst part is a 20% gratuity was included in our bill given the size of our party. Pretty disappointing service and no apology. It seemed a bit expensive given the poor service.

• Visited March 2013