“A decent place to stay for one night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kent/Akron Area

You added Super 8 Kent/Akron Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Kent/Akron Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4380 Edson Road, I-76 Rt 43 Exit 33, Kent, OH 44240-6939   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Troy, Ohio
“A decent place to stay for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night while visiting Kent State University. The room was pretty basic and fairly clean. The bed was acceptable although the sheets were a little scratchy. The only real disappointment was the bathroom. Maybe I'm just tall (5'8''), but the sink seemed pretty short to me. In order to use it at a comfortable height I actually had to kneel on my knees. The toiletries only included a bar of soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo so if you're not one of those people like me that always bring your own toiletries then you might want to do so for this motel. The water pressure in the shower was rather low and the lighting in the bathroom was dim, but wasn't a serious issue. The staff was polite and the price was fair. Overall it's a good hotel if you're just looking for a place to spend the night and aren't expecting anything extraordinary.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I needed a decent place for just a bed and shower on my way to Detroit. I was tired and exhausted and the room was $47(tax included) - no Hampton - but this is what I paid for.
It appears reasonably clean - I found one hair on the back of the tolit. Lighting a bit dim and when they repainted the walls they left paint splatter all over everything - it does have that "cheap hotel" smell though.

• Stayed November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

All in all, this place is cheap. you get what you pay for, and there aren't many extras in which I did not expect. In an ok location, it is close to the highway. You are right near a days inn and hampton inn. The room was pretty good for the price.....it was clean everywhere except for the bed itself. For some weird reason the one sheet had a major stain/major fray that was a little concerning but I am not too picky when it comes to sleeping in the beds (just no bed bugs in which there were none!). The bathroom was ok, pretty normal. But really, for the price it is not a bad hotel. Do not expect any amazing rooms. As said below, not even a hello or goodbye from the staff. I don't care too much but something simple as that would improve a small experience. All in all through, I travel for business and am on the go. I do not care too much about service just the room itself; although it is a great bonus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TIPPECANOE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We checked in with a online rate through Windham Rewards. We were walk in guest's and the original rate that was given was about $15.00 higher than before we reserved online nearby. We explained we have a dog about 12 lbs. and agnolaged the pet fee of $10.00. Our dog was reserved as "That thing". She was totally rude to us and put out. When we finally arrived to our room we found the bed was horribly filthy. Covered by a mattress pad (felt) and a flat sheet. Realizing this later, I do have to say the Gentelman at the desk by morning was quite polite. He moved our room across the hall. And apologized for inconveinience. Although better I can't help but feel we were placed in the poorest room's the had because of our rate. We will for now on go to the Super 8 in Green Ohio when we come to visit family and friends. I actually had to rearange the room light's in the second room #122 so the lamp's reached the electrical outlet's and the fridge!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I found this establishment to be adequate for my four day stay while there on business. I was leery after reading some of the feedback left below, but I did not encounter ANY of the issues mentioned by others. The room was clean. The staff was very accomodating and being located right off the highway was a definite bonus. Whenver I pass through the Kent area again, I will definitely consider this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Kent/Akron Area? Share your experiences!