“Bad service, worse food” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Kent, Ohio
“Bad service, worse food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I called in a pick up order and was told it would take 10 minutes. I arrived 15 minutes later and waited for the guy running the cash register to finish his texts before even acknowledging my presence at the counter. After he took my name, I waited another 15 minutes until my food was ready. I have to say, from all the ranting and raving about their food, it was mediocre at best. Not worth the hassle nor the wait. Too many better Mexican restaurants nearby to waste your time here.

Visited February 2013

“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been getting burritos here for years, when it was in the basement of the loft. We used to order loft pizza because the loft would deliver the burritos if you asked really nice to bring them with the pizza and give them a good tip. Back then you couldn't see how they made the burritos. And we even overlooked the fact that when after they moved from the basement and you could see how they made them, it looked a little unsanitary. But in the past year or so they have not been very tasty. They are dry, under seasoned and inconsistent. Sometimes we get lucky and they are not. I don't care so much about the service (which is lacking) or even the cleanliness so long as they taste good. (My 12 year old said she won't eat them because it just seems dirty). We just want our Taco Tontos back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tallmadge, Ohio
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great idea for a to-go meal. We bought half-cooked burritos, took them home and cooked for 5 minutes in the oven. PERFECT, HOT and DELICIOUS. They even bring your order TO YOUR CAR!! How convenient is that??

Visited June 2012
Ohio
“The best of Kent's latenight fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

A long-time favorite for carry-out in Kent. Extremely obliging staff will make your food as you like it in any of a wide variety of ingredient combinations. They even manage to make vegetarian fare quite tasty. All this along with very low prices. Be aware that it is an order at the counter operation, and takes some time, if crowded. It is central to the downtown bar scene in a university town..

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“I've carried these on a plane for delivery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Best. Burritos. Ever. My cousin loves 'em so much, I carried some on a plane to deliver to her in St. Louis! :)

Visited August 2011

Been to Taco Tonto's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taco Tonto's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.