“Great place to stay again and again.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Kent
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
“Great place to stay again and again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were in Kent for a funeral and had planned to stay less than a week. We chose this hotel because we're Priority Club members, always staying at Holiday Inn Expresses in our many travels. The Holiday Inn Express in Kent meets and exceeds the high quality we have come to expect. The entire staff from the manager on down through the housekeeping and breakfast room staff were so efficient, accommodating, and friendly. During our stay, we reconnected with a number of old friends in the area. We extended our stay several times, partly because of the warmth extended to us by the hotel staff, ultimately staying ten days, We've been looking forward to returning to this hotel in spring 2013 when we're in town for a high school class reunion. We were happy to recommend this hotel to some of the other reunion attendees. Kudos to Manager Reg; desk clerks Adam, Dean, Katie,and Royce; Fred in maintenance; Kim and Debbie in the breakfast room; head housekeeper Bev; and anyone else we may have forgotten.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HIEKentFrontDesk, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kent State University, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We'll make sure to recognize all the individuals that you mentioned for their role in your wonderful Holiday Inn Express guest experience! We will look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area. Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments!

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in the area for a business trip to Kent State University. Upon check-in, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, quiet, and up-to-date. It took me no more than 10 minutes to get to campus and park my car. This location is near various dining options and convenience stores. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Used this hotel as a base to explore the Kent-Akron area. We were upgraded to a larger room on arrival - the reception staff noting we were staying longer than a couple of nights - which really made the stay more comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful, ample parking, and easy access to the nearby University and other amenities. Wi-fi was free and signal consistent. The only criticism I can think of was that the coffee at breakfast was a little weak and not hot enough - but that's probably personal preference. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A couple of weeks ago our family had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and unfortunately left my pillow behind. Adam was kind enough to locate it and pack it up for me to be delivered via US Express Mail. After waiting days for the pillow, I contacted the post office which informed me that the pillow was sent back to the hotel. Frustrated beyond belief, I contacted the hotel and Royce picked up. Royce went above and beyond the call of duty by trying to ship it via UPS (at my request) but the website was not cooperating. He took it upon himself to ship it via FedEx and dropped it at the FedEx office on his way home from work. I've stayed in many, many hotels (which includes a lot of five star properties) and have rarely seen such dedication, hospitality and attention to customer service. Thank you Royce. You are truly awesome!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this holiday inn .The staff were very friendly and Royce was very helpful and recommended nice places to eat and visit in the Kent State area . The room was clean I stayed in.The pool was warm and clean.The exercise room was nice and clean also. The breakfast bar had a nice variety of breakfast foods and juices. The cinnamon rolls were delicious and fresh and warm.I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon. Don't forget to check out our Gas Card package the next time you visit. This package will provide you with a $25.00 gas card for when you are driving around the area enjoying the local attractions.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I realize Holiday Inn Express means no bar and no restaurant. I get that. But this property also has no dry cleaning valet services, which, to me, means it is not a business class property. Also, their Internet Wi-Fi didn't work. Details matter. When I protested that they should have dry cleaning valet services, staff said, twice, that I could wash my suit in the guest laundry. Okaaayyyy.... Oh, and just for the record, this property is not even close to Kent State University. Nice friendly people, but just so you know...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kent State University, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Don A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with our facilities and the poor service you received. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Alliance, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Came to town for business at Kent State and was amazed at my stay here. The front desk gentlemen was incredibly helpful and allowed me to check-in early after arriving in town several hours ahead of schedule. My room was immaculate and large, and the bed was extremely comfortable. All in all, a great two-night stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kent State University? Share your experiences!