“Kent-Akron Find in Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Kent
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Kent-Akron Find in Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of my wife's favorite places. We have always had an excellent meal here and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Too cold here right now, but they have added a very nice, small outside dining area. The wine list is decent enough and reasonably priced. For two, with a bottle of wine or two, our tab usually comes in around $100-125. The menu is somewhat limited if you visit frequently and it is not a 5-star New York restaurant, but an excellent choice for fine or casual dining in the Kent-Akron-Stow area.

Visited January 2014

Kent, Ohio
“Date night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I went there on a fri night and called them to see how long the wait was and that I had a groupon. The friendly on the phone asked me for how many. And she had a few tables she could reserve for me. When I got there we sat down right away. It did take a while for anyone to serve us but the staff was friendly. Yes I can be a little indecisive at times. I ordered the stuffed trout. And I would have to say it was cooked perfectly!! The dish was a lil pricey though but wonderful. And the drinks were to. I will return with out a doubt.

Kent, Ohio
“my fav!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Always great food and service! Never a place i can overlook for a great meal!! Serves is always on point!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Youngstown, Ohio
“Ridiculousness”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After hearing rave reviews about Bistro on Main, we drove out of our way to get there during our road trip to Akron. It turned out to be quite a shock. The restaurant looked pretty nice when we walked in, but there was no hostess and we had to wait to be seated for quite a while... even though they were there behind the bar and could plainly see us. Then, when we did get service, they said that the only seats available were out on the patio. Normally I love eating outside, but I had to laugh at this one: it was a 40 degrees and rainy out. Apparently, they don't like to open up the ENTIRE restaurant merely for lunch service... we walked past the darkened dining room and went out onto the "heated" patio. Even though it was enclosed (with plastic), it was still cold. I kept my coat on and snuggled up to the fireplace. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had hurried with the food... but the service was so slow I just sat there and gradually got colder and colder. I was hoping the food would redeem this place. Not sure if it did. Fortunately it ended on an upbeat note b/c all of my dining companions had delicious food: club, hamburger, fries, etc. Sadly for me, my veggie soup was bland and disappointing. (A touch of salt would have helped immensely!)

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best local cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I received two gift cards for this restaurant and left NOT disappointed!

The wait staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Their recommendations were wonderful, and the atmosphere was just as lovely. It was nice to go to a busy restaurant and still be able to hold a conversation with others at your table.

The Calamari was literally the best and most tender I have EVER had. The pineapple just added to its flavor.

We cannot believe we have lived here for so many years, and have not found this gem!

We will be returning.