“We didnt need cinemax...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Kent-Akron

You added Days Inn Kent-Akron to your Saves list
Days Inn Kent-Akron
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4422 Edson Road, I-76 & State Route 43, Kent, OH 44240-6938   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Kent
Ohio
“We didnt need cinemax...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

After a less than tolerable stay at the Econo Lodge in Kent, I was looking forward to a night in the Days Inn. My girlfriend and I got into town at around 2 am from Columbus and were really looking forward to sleeping. We got our keys from the desk, and went on our way to the room. The first thing I noticed wasnt our room. Rather, it was our neighbors in the room next to us. Blinds wide open, lights on, and zero clothing. You can imagine the rest. Every 3 hours, we were woken up by noises. I bet youll never imagine what I'm referring to. The night was compounded by the least comfortable mattress I have ever had the displeasure of sleeping on. No padding, no give, and no comfort.

I can agree with the name 'Days' Inn. I wouldn't want to spend another night here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

We had been driving since 4am and we pulled off the Kent exit and saw this hotel. It was easy access on and off the highway. We had been tired from all of the driving and all we needed was a bed. The young lady at the front desk was just a sweatheart. She upgraded us from a single to a king size bed for the same price. In the morning, my husband and I noticed the landscaping. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. When we asked gentleman who takes care of it all, he said the owner of the hotel plants them himself and maintains them throughout the season. We had a nice talk with the staff, and it was quick stop we made to get some much needed rest.

• Liked — The landscaping; the cabbage really stick out in October
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

When we first arrived at this hotel - the outside apperance of the hotel was acceptable - we were given a room on the back side of the hotel - When we drove around the corner to where The rooms were located - There was ( what appeared to be a
people residing at this hotel - a group of 6 men were grilling out - had a cooler of beer - and was openly drinking around a
picnic table and had loud music playing - - with in 5 minutes a car pulled up with 4 more men to join the party in progress -
With-in 1/2 of a hour upon our arrival - a yellow school bus arrived with more people which appeared to call this hotel home - which made all of us very uneasy -
The room was very clean - the beds were very comfortable
and to my surprise - After 9 oclock the hotel was very quite
when we went to check out the free breakfast - it was terrible
cold coffee - that was left from the previous day - the only thing they offered was a package muffin - there was no place to eat in the lobby area - had to take your cold coffee and muffin back to your room in order to sit down - No thank you ! we left and had breakfast on the road

Stayed August 2008

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Buffalo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

My husband and I were on a road trip with our two dachshunds and needed a pet friendly hotel for the night. This hotel met our expectations- we've stayed at Days Inn before and know what to expect. It was clean and comfortable, but missing all the frills. Still, I would stay here again.

It looks unappealling from the outside, but that could be because it's bright blue and hidden behind other newer hotels. I have to disagree with the reviewer who said it was dirty and disgusting- I found everything to be quite clean.

The free breakfast didn't offer much of a selection- I know that the Econolodge and Hampton chains have excellent budget hotel breakfasts- but it's free, so you can't complain too much, I guess.

The only other complaint we had was that our room had one double bed and we had booked a room with two. It's our fault for not going back to the office and requesting a double- we were just so tired we crashed- but we're used to a king, so it was a bit cramped with the two dogs.

All in all, this is a good hotel for a one or two night stay, especially with pets!

• Liked — They were very tolerant of our barking pets.
  • Disliked — Tiny beds and the breakfast selection was not very good.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Buckingham, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

HORRIBLE! DIRTY! TRASHY! Bugs in room, gray sheets! Checked in and right back out! Manager offered no excuse! unsavory people hanging around! Stay away if you value your life!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Kent-Akron? Share your experiences!