“3rd. generation now enjoying the Perch & Brandy's@ THE PUMP of K.I.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Village Pump

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Marblehead, Ohio
“3rd. generation now enjoying the Perch & Brandy's@ THE PUMP of K.I.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My parents were WORKAHOLICS! THANK GOD my Dad loved to boat on Lake Erie !!! The ONLY childhood memories I have are of Kelleys Island & Put-In-Bay. Mainly Kelleys Island as it was closer to Sandusky,My Dad's THREE jobs AND his & Mom's businesses.The ONLY place on Kelley's that STILL welcomes THE FAMILY is THE VILLAGE PUMP ! The Finger Family has got it right when it comes to THE BEST PERCH,WALLEYE,and MORE !!! Thats been CONSISTANT for YEARS ! As i followed in my parents footsteps...I worked extremely long hours
only to find an hour here/there away from the business. Sooo to The Village Pump we went. My sons loved the steak/perch w/home fries. NOW they take my grandkids to The Village Pump @ Kelleys Island !!! AND they LOVE RICHIE(sp).YES he was there BEFORE I HAD KIDS !!! You guessed it Give them the Perch !!! I almost forgot MOMMY LOVE the FAMOUS BRANDY ALEXANDERS !!! GREAT JOB Gary & Joanie !!! Here's to the next generation !!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for a late lunch. We ordered both the Walleye Basket and the Perch Basket to share. The walleye and the perch were wonderful. One order had the crinkle cut fries, and the other the sweet potato fries. Both were good. My only thought is, they should provide a separate type of dip for the sweet-potato fries. Ketchup isn't quite right nor is the tartar sauce. However, that aside, it was still a great lunch.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My Grandmother and I went to Kelly's yesterday and decided to go to the Pump for their selection (the restaurant beside it had a total of four dinner options). My main complaint was the sauce combinations, portion sizes, and presentation. When my artichoke salad came, there were three whole, cooked hearts just lying in the bowl. The "ranch sauce" tasted awful and watery. The green stuff might have been parsley? Then the dinner of walleye bites was thrown over pump fries which looked burned but were overall not soggy. The "tartar sauce" was made with horseradish which completely masked the flavor of the fish and was apparently mixed from a "secret recipe" in the kitchen. Obviously, this place was bar food quality and I wasn't expecting anything suprising, just normal American fare. What I wasn't expecting was the happy-hour wine to be my favorite part of the whole $18 meal. On the plus side, our waiter was very nice and appologized.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“The best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have been coming here 20 years and the lake perch never disappoints. Thanks Ritchie for taking care of us on this visit. On a side note, we just learned the tartar sauce recipe has been around since 1969.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Westlake, Ohio
“A KI Tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

What the Pump is about is consistency. The fish is always fresh, the beer is always cold and the Brandy Alexanders are always the best you've ever had. Add to that the friendly service and the "corner bar" feel and you've got a joint that is always a "must stop" on Kelley's.

• 4 of 5 stars Food