“Could not be more pleased with my stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6020 Quarry Lane, Independence, OH 44131   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Independence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Could not be more pleased with my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

A recent family emergency required me to extend my stay in Independence, Ohio on a day to day basis. The hotel at which we'd originally reserved a room had no vacancies. We were able to reserved a room for one day at the Red Roof Inn, and were able to extend the stay each morning without problem, and at the original discounted rate. The room was clean upon our arrival, and the room was made up, or not, each day as we requested. The staff was very helpful in each of our interactions with them. The microwave oven and refrigerator in the room meant that we didn't need to eat restaurant food, but could have fresh food on our schedule. The office furniture in the room made our work at the end of each day easier.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Decent value for the price. Room with two beds was average-size, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was small, with just a toilet and tub shower. Sink was in the room, along with refrigerator and microwave. AC cycled on-off noisily, so we set the temp up to minimize cycles. Loud sounds (not ordinary conversation) from rooms above and next door passed thru walls/ceiling. Didn't hear highway sounds. Beds were comfortable. Hot water was plentiful. No complaints, but the motel is just average at an average or below-average price, making it a reasonable value at its price-point.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

The bed was so incredably comfortable that I wished I had the mattress at home. The night I stayed the hotel was sold out. I couldn't believe how quiet it was I expected to hear something with so many people staying. The Front desk staff was so friendly and the coffee was delious. I will stay again whenever my travels take me through the cleveland area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Lorain, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

The staff was friendly, check-in was easy, room was very clean, and express check-out was a snap.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

I booked a business room for the weekend which included a desk, microwave, fridge, free wireless and a king size bed.

As I read the reviews here, i prepared a shampo in advance. they only provide a cheap 1 pouch shampo bag (like a Ketchup bag in Mcdonald's). There is no liquid hand soap, so be warned.

The room was large enough and was pretty quiet. The room invcluded a free wireless internet (decent speed), however I had to go to the front desk every day to take a pre-load card to charge the T-mobile account since they refused to provid all cards in advanced for my 3 night stay. The third time I had to pick up my card I had to wait 15 minutes for the guy who checked in, as there is only one concierge at every given time.

The bed was quite comfortable, but I had to use some pillows to get a better support for my head. There was a GREAT lamp above the headboard which was very convinent for my reading. If someone from Red Roof read this post and know where I can get this lamp, please post a reply.

The bathroom wasn't very clean. I noticed that they didn't bother to replace a used toilet paper with a new pack when I got the room. It may be good for saving the planet, but I wasn't impressed. Also there were some dark spots on the wood floor and couple of hairs laying on the interior walls of the bath (which surprisingly were not removed for my entire stay). I had the feeling that the housekeeping could do better cleaning the bathroom.

There was no Starbucks or decent coffee shop in this town that I could find, only limited selection of few family restuants such as Outback, Bob Evan's and Red Robin. down the road there are two large groccery shops (nothing special) and large McDonald's. Driving to down town Cleveland took at least 25 minutes. however, there is a great selection of dine in places in suburbs which are more closer.

Overall, ok motel , a bit above average, could be a great value if it was cleaner.

• Liked — BED
  • Disliked — BATHROOM
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leominster, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

Booked through Hotels.com, was actually cheaper to book directly through the hotel.

Hotel is about 10 minutes away form downtown Cleveland, and was a perfect for a last minute trip to catch the ALDS, and watch the Red Sox in Game 5.

Everthing at this hotel is average. Everything you need for a quick stop. Nothing was bad. The stairways didnt look to neat and clean, but this is not a 5 star hotel. Nothing bad, or extremely good to say about it. Bathroom was very small.

• Liked — Availability of rooms at last minute
  • Disliked — 10 minute drive from downtown
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Streamwood, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

They have redone the rooms at this property. I know this because have
stayed here before, in spring of 2006, with my son's hockey team & it
is much nicer now. The inside is clean. A/C worked fine - helped drown out the noise from the outside. Bathroom is good, with sink outside the bathroom door, which if you have more than 1 person in your room, helps facilitate getting ready in the morning. The extra ammenties are not the best, but adequate. Get 1 pouch of shampoo & 1 of conditioner. 2 pillows on each bed. Room only had 2 towels, but when asked they readily gave us some more. Coffee in the lobby. But this is also a good location with a couple of places for food just down the hill or up the hill form hotel. Easy to get to & easy driving access to downtown Cleveland from here. We paid $82, including tax, AAA rate. I would have no problem staying here agin, if need be.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — Short on ammenities.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence? Share your experiences!