I booked a business room for the weekend which included a desk, microwave, fridge, free wireless and a king size bed.
As I read the reviews here, i prepared a shampo in advance. they only provide a cheap 1 pouch shampo bag (like a Ketchup bag in Mcdonald's). There is no liquid hand soap, so be warned.
The room was large enough and was pretty quiet. The room invcluded a free wireless internet (decent speed), however I had to go to the front desk every day to take a pre-load card to charge the T-mobile account since they refused to provid all cards in advanced for my 3 night stay. The third time I had to pick up my card I had to wait 15 minutes for the guy who checked in, as there is only one concierge at every given time.
The bed was quite comfortable, but I had to use some pillows to get a better support for my head. There was a GREAT lamp above the headboard which was very convinent for my reading. If someone from Red Roof read this post and know where I can get this lamp, please post a reply.
The bathroom wasn't very clean. I noticed that they didn't bother to replace a used toilet paper with a new pack when I got the room. It may be good for saving the planet, but I wasn't impressed. Also there were some dark spots on the wood floor and couple of hairs laying on the interior walls of the bath (which surprisingly were not removed for my entire stay). I had the feeling that the housekeeping could do better cleaning the bathroom.
There was no Starbucks or decent coffee shop in this town that I could find, only limited selection of few family restuants such as Outback, Bob Evan's and Red Robin. down the road there are two large groccery shops (nothing special) and large McDonald's. Driving to down town Cleveland took at least 25 minutes. however, there is a great selection of dine in places in suburbs which are more closer.
Overall, ok motel , a bit above average, could be a great value if it was cleaner.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Independence
- Independence Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is newly renovated and 100% Smoke-Free! The Superior King room features a King-sized bed, desk with large work area, microwave and mini refrigerator. Our Standard Double features 2 extra long full-sized beds, desk and comfortable seating. All rooms include free wireless internet. This location is within walking distance to great restaurants. 10 minutes to Downtown Cleveland, Horseshoe Casino, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and many other attractions. Easy access to interstates I-77, I-480, I-80, I-271, and I-90. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Red Roof Inn, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.