We were four travelling on three motorcycles - my son & I on two bikes, his friend and his friend's wife on the third bike. We spotted the Red Roof Inn from the highway and given the high ratings the chain normally receives in reviews, we stopped and used wireless internet at a restaurant next door to assist in securing rooms for the night, and then headed over. Once our luggage had been removed from our bikes, my son & I entered our room The couple accompanying us came over to let us know that their room had not been adequately cleaned. His wife pulled the covers off our beds and sure enough, not only had they also been slept in, there were pubic hairs in the bed linen in one of them. We all headed over to the office. Upon learning of this, the clerk was mortified. We were given keys to fresh rooms. The couple was in luck - their new room was clean, but ours wasn't. My son & I made the trek back to the office. I offered that if the clerk gave us fresh linens, we'd make the beds ourselves. The clerk told us that we couldn't be expected to make our own beds, but we also couldn't remain in that room as there was no spare linen available. She made a call to the owner and was authorized to offer us rooms in the main building. We'd already moved twice, now - using a housekeeping cart - we were moving a third time only to find that this room had also not received a thorough cleaning but at least the beds were OK, and we'd only be in the room for a few hours, so we opted to stay. The couple opted to remain in the other building. Final tally - we checked five rooms to get two, and had we not settled for these, would have had to move on... Not a pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is newly renovated and 100% Smoke-Free! The Superior King room features a King-sized bed, desk with large work area, microwave and mini refrigerator. Our Standard Double features 2 extra long full-sized beds, desk and comfortable seating. All rooms include free wireless internet. This location is within walking distance to great restaurants. 10 minutes to Downtown Cleveland, Horseshoe Casino, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and many other attractions. Easy access to interstates I-77, I-480, I-80, I-271, and I-90. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Independence
- Independence Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence Ohio