“General Manager” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“General Manager”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The stay was great. The General Manager, Richard Mollisson, was very accomodating. I especially liked the service and would definitely visit there again.The restaurants around the area were very good and this location is very easy to get to. I would recommmend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thanks so much for writing a review. It's great to read that Richard was very accomodating!
Thank you for recognizing his commitment. I've known him several years and agree that he treats our guests like family, and really sets the tone for our entire hotel team. We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you're in Cleveland!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Central Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I ordered the same room on the internet for a stay in Independence thankfully only ONE night and for TWO nights in Willoughby.

INDEPENDENCE was AWFUL. The list of things they did not provide COMPLETELY changes the entire reservation - false advertising.

WILLOUGHBY PROVIDED EVERYTHING THEY ADVERTISED FOR THE RESERVATION!

Just remember that every Red Roof is not going to be what you see on their website!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Independence Ohio!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for sharing your experience at Red Roof Inn. Our newly renovated locations like Independence, offer a 100% Smoke-free atmosphere, new modern design flooring, new high end bedding, flat screen TVs and more.
I'm very interested in hearing more specifics about any discrepencies you found in the website. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss and I will be happy to address them.
Thank-you for choosing Red Roof Inn.
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night because we had plans in downtown Cleveland. It is a good area to stay in. Rates are a little cheaper than surrounding hotels and it is a short drive to downtown. Very convenient, right off I-77 and close to shopping and several restaurants. That being said, the hotel could use some improvements. We did have a remodeled room which was nice and clean but still missing a few things. The room is very small. We had 4 adults staying in one room, it was very crowded. There wasn't a table in the room and only one chair. So besides the beds, no where else to sit. There were only 2 towels and wash clothes, even though the reservations said 4. No iron or hair dryer in the room. Now we did get more towels and they did offer the hair dryer and iron, but we had to go to the lobby and get them ourselves. TV was not great. Only got a few stations and half were fuzzy. Didnt bother us much, as we were only there for one night, but for long term it would've been frustrating. We would stay here again but now we know what to expect and plan according.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hello and thank-you for writing a review of your recent stay with Red Roof. I'm glad your newly renovated room was nice and clean. My staff takes great pride in providing fresh and clean rooms at the best price around. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Cleveland. Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn!
Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and willing to help with anything you needed. The room accomodations are what you expect for a discount hotel. I know the hotel cannot control the caliber of the guests, but there were some pretty shady characters when we stayed there. Nothing bad happened but it was slightly unnerving at times. I know that sounds snobbish and I normally am not sensitive to such things, but it was very noticable especially with many people hanging outside of their rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ClevelandAM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear "G R Scott,"
Thank-you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear that my staff provided exceptional service, I will be sure to share your comments with them. At Red Roof we pride ourselves on great service and clean rooms while providing a good value to our guests. If your travels bring you back to Cleveland I hope you'll stay with us again. Safe travels.
orillia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Even though the hotel was old, some of the rooms have ben renovated and I stayed in one that was. There was used soap in the tub and at the sink. There were nuts and crumbs on the floor . The beds were made and were quite clean. The location was great ! Walking distance to restaurants.BUT someone needs to supervise the cleaners !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Two storey hotel. I booked with Expedia not knowing that I could have booked a lower floor room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ClevelandAM, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear "johnnym23"
Thank-you for writing a review about your recent stay in Cleveland. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the renovated room. We have renovated all rooms at this location. I do want to apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered and I can assure you that they were quickly addressed. Thank-you for bringing them to our attention and we'll work harder to insure there are no reoccurrences. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Waterford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

What a shock I received when I opened the door to our room and discovered a recently remodeled, clean and very comfortable abode! You can't go wrong with a stay here and I definitely will be back! An extremely ideal location to all parts of Cleveland! ( don't forget your GPS!) - cudos to red roof inn!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for.a second floor room facing the highway, its quite a view! & have morning sun
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ClevelandAM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear "ron p"
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Independence. I'm so glad you like our renovated rooms. We're proud of the new look and it's happening in many other cities throughout the country. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Cleveland!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

While visiting Cleveland for my daughter to visit Baldwin Wallace University we stayed at the Red Roof Inn located in Independence Ohio. For the price it was nicer than a "5" star hotel. The rooms were like new, fresh and clean. Beds were comfortable, TheTv was nice. The staff were always ready to assist when needed and were always busy out and about the Hotel cleaning and keeping the place looking nice. Everyone was friendly and as accomodating as they could be. I recommend this establishment to anyone who wants to pay a reasonable price to stay in a nice place. We will be going back soon for my daughter to attend a Yellow Jackets game and we are definitely staying at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Brian G,
Thank-you for writing a review of your stay in Independence! We are thrilled you enjoyed the new rooms and our service. My team works hard to maintain our hotel and I have shared your comments with them. You may already know that Red Roof is renovating many locations nationwide, so watch for our new rooms in other cities too. Thanks for choosing Red Roof and Go Yellow Jackets!

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence? Share your experiences!