“Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6020 Quarry Lane, Independence, OH 44131   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Independence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Clean, Comfortable, and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We enjoyed our 3-night weekend stay in this recently renovated motel. We wern't looking for an on-site pool, restaurant, bar, exercise room or "free" breakfast, so this was a great value for about $70/night. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and everything worked. There are 4 chain restaurants within an easy 100-yard walk and the entrance to the expressway only 1/4 mile away. We could get anywhere in Cleveland in 10-12 minutes. On Friday-Saturday nights there was some drinking and smoking going on in the parking lot, but it didn't bother us in our second-floor room. We would stay here again in a minute the next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

If need a place to stay without a lot of frills it is a good deal. Recently remodeled. Several restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jon B, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I recently stayed three nights at the red roof inn and I have no complaints whatsoever. It's not a Hilton, but for the price the rooms were equipped, clean and comfortable and better than a competitor hotel in my opinion. Very dog friendly without hidden fees, which is the main reason I always choose the Red Roof Inn. Will definitely be staying here again when I come back to the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel. It is in a nice area, and very quiet. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. The room was very clean. I read a few reviews where people were nit picking about this and that, but I think those people are too picky. The room was large and spacious. There is a nice restaurant and convenience store located very close by. It is a short jaunt up the interstate to the lovely city of Cleveland. You should stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Red Roof Inn Independence. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We'll look forward to your return visit!
Jon
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

When my boss told me I was staying at a Red Roof Inn I asked him to put me somewhere better. He told me not to worry because he had already checked it out and the rooms were all renovated. Well he was right on! The Red Roof Inn was all remodeled and it was clean. The bed was very comfortable and the people working there were nice. My room was on the second floor and it faced the north - I could see the Cleveland skyline from my room! I can't say enough about this hotel. If all Red Roof Inn hotels are like this I will stay at them when I travel. I also like the pub across the street - I could walk there as it is like 50 yards from the hotel. It's called the Winking Lizard and they have awesome wings.

Room Tip: Get a room on the north side so you can enjoy the view!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear William,
Thank-you so much for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We are glad you gave us a try (and glad your boss "encouraged" you to stay with us). Now that you've experienced Red Roof and our new rooms I hope you will make Red Roof your first choice in lodging. See you next time!
Jon
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here while visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. My husband became ill and needed to see a doctor before we checked out of the hotel. The region supervisor John gave me directions to a nearby urgent care facility. He also helped us load our car! We thought he and the other staff we dealt with were exceptional; very nice people. The rooms at this facility are newly remodeled and clean and close to restaurants.
We will definitely recommend this Red Roof to others and we will stay again the next time we come to Cleveland. It turned out my husband had a kidney stone. Thank-you so much.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jon B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Hello Rebecca from Buffalo! Thanks so much for writing a review and for your praise to our staff. It is our pleasure to help guests whenever possible and I am glad we were able to do this for you. We hope that your husband is recovering as expected.
See you next time!
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Granted for the price -- you don't expect the a whole lot. It IS rated as a 2 star hotel.
To be honest, we are 4-star hotel stayers -- so....

Stayed 6 nights in the beginning of May 2012. We paid $5 more for the more 'deluxe' room that comes with fridge and microwave.

This is a great place Monday - Thursday for business. Their wireless runs well and it is quiet. Can walk to Winking Lizard, Denny's and Bob Evans -- many other choices very near by.
We found the later night and noisier crowds come in weekends.

Beds are a little "springy" for out taste. Seems like these beds will wear out faster. We prefer a firmer bed.

REALLY NICE bonus: free coffee, free USA TODAY in the lobby and a safe in the room (for a charge); The view of downtown is awesome from the 2nd floor walkway -- this is a rare view.

It has so much potential .... but we were not happy with the built-up dirt and non-responsiveness to our 2 notes to housekeeping and to the manager on the 2nd day about dirt in the bottom drawer of the chest. Literally chunks of something in the drawer too big for a wet cloth to pick up ... remained during our SIX night stay.

Survival tips -- bring cleaning (disinfectant) wipes and your own kleenex

Though remodelled -- the grime is already built up after only 5 months!...to the point of somewhat disgusting.

We spilled a little coffee on the floor. The napkin came up BLACK when we wiped it up.
I found the floor to be sticky and turned my socks gray on the bottoms. The manager told us it was the type of floor cleaner required for the laminate flooring.

This was addressed. Housekeeping did a nice job though when we asked that she use a clean mop and clean rinse water to do our room floor. However, this is not a regular practice.

Maybe I am picky -- but here are other places that were not so clean -- we had to buy paper towels to keep in the room:

1) the brackets holding the microwave in place on top of the small fridge had drip marks on them. Again -- when I went to wipe them off -- the cloth came up BLACK! Not so important EXCEPT the common place to keep nonperishable snacks or water bottles would be in this area and would inevitably lay on these brackets -very disgusting.

2) Cleaning along the floor edges did not seem a priority and detailing -- under the wall lamp we could see again -- sticky drip marks about an inch from the wall on the floor. Made us worried about putting luggage down on the floor. Would these sticky spots attract roaches?

Light switches were grimy in the bathroom, chrome fixtures had a film on the edges -- kinda wondered how clean the rags were to wipe the faucets.

3) Sticky Duct tape adhesive left on new drawer handles
After wiping black up here and there -- you can imagine my alarm when my fingers felt stickiness on the drawer handles. Good news -- this did not wipe up black. But it did not come off at all. We mentioned this to housekeeping and manager. The stickiness stayed for the rest of our stay.

4) RESET lights on microwave
2 lights on the front of the microwave were on marked "RESET." We reported it the to housekeeping and management on the 3rd day .... again these lights remained on for the rest of our stay. We were concerned about a dangerous grounding or electrical issue when using it.

5) Note to self: Call down to front desk to REQUEST Housekeeping SERVICE AFTER NOON.
We saw the cart just before noon and thought we were covered. We left the room at 12:15PM removing our Do Not disturb sign. Came back later that night to an undone room.

6) CROWDED FOR MORE THAN ONE PERSON WITHOUT TABLE
Remodelling is nice -- though they no longer have a table by the window that would have been useful to create more space. Having to put everything on the one space by the desk side of the room -- creates a lot crowding by one side of the room. Difficult for more than one person to pass by the desk if one person is eating or reading.

If they had a table, one person could read or eat at the table out of the way of others in the room who need to pass back and forth. Of course this is not an issue if you are traveling on business by yourself.

Again -- for the money -- what could you expect?

I would stay here again armed with paper towels, cleaning wipes or spray and tissues (they only supply a small pack).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am very sorry that we fell short of your expectations during your stay. At Red Roof it is our intention to exceed our guest's expectations every time. We continuously offer training and feedback to our staff and we have made some corrections in our staffing and follow-up to insure that our guests are completely satisfied. I hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time your travel plans require lodging.
Jon Baaske

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence? Share your experiences!