My husband was in the Cleveland area on business and I was able to accompany him. Having been to the area on previous business trips, we knew the areas of Cleveland to avoid and knew that Independence was a reasonably upscale area. In fact, we have stayed at this Holiday Inn for business in the past and made the decision to stay there again in spite of the fact that during that other stay the motel was undergoing a major upgrade/remodel and maneuvering around construction debris was a bit awkward.
Our stay this time was without hitch. Common areas of the motel are grand and the staff was friendly.
Our king room was spacious with a couch and a work desk (important for my husband has he has reports to complete after his meetings). We did not have any issues with the internet as reported in other reviews. The bathroom was a bit tiny but very clean. We had an issue with the commode running but a call to the front desk had maintenance there immediately. Since we were there for multiple days, daily maid service was not needed but they did check on us each morning and refreshed our bathroom daily.
The pool area is in a separate building but connected to the main building by an enclosed walkway. Mostly we were the only ones in the pool and enjoyed our swim albeit in a somewhat chilly pool. There was also a dry sauna and an exercise room in the pool complex.
The only issue we had with this stay was with breakfast. As with most business-type lodging choices, breakfast was not included in the cost of the room. This is usually not a problem but the buffet, priced at just under $10 per person, did not vary during our stay and offered little in the way of variety. Ordering from the menu would have cost as much as the buffet so we each had the buffet. On check-out day we opted to leave before eating and just look for a breakfast place further down the highway.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Hotel
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Hotel Independence
- Holiday Inn Independence
- Independence Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The strategic location of this Cleveland area hotel, the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence provides easy access to such downtown attractions as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, and Playhouse Square.At the crossroads of Cleveland's primary arteries; I-77 and I-480, our hotel is just 12 miles from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service from 6 AM to 11 PM daily.Guests will enjoy our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center. Michael's Grille restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy dancing the night away in our high energy lounge with live entertainment Tuesday - Saturday in Impulse Lounge. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, our Cleveland area hotel is ideal for your next event be it a corporate meeting, convention, wedding, business dinner, or family reunion.For our Priority Club Members, ask about our newly renovated Priority Club Floor with key accessed lounge serving Continental breakfast, snacks and soft drinks. The lounge also offers a computer with Internet access. Whether travelling on business or pleasure, make the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence your home away from home!The hotel is currently undergoing renovations of the lobby, guest lobby, and conference rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.