“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Independence
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hotel is a little older, but has been well maintained. Staff was excellent, rooms were clean, restaurant on site was convenient and the food was acceptable.

I will definitely stay here again when in the Cleveland area.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, external noise level was fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Matt S:

Thank you for choosing us on your recent stay to the Cleveland - Independence area. Yes, we are very fortunate to have been here for some time, yet we consistently work on improving and maintaining the quality of our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on a return trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was very impressed when I first arrived and was greeted as a Priority Club member. Made me feel very welcome. The room was very nice & clean. The pool was large and enjoyed a bit of time relaxing. The restaurant staff was excellent. We had the breakfast buffet both days and it was delicous and staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sue C:
Thank you for staying with us and for being a loyal member of Priority Club. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to see you were able to take full advantage of almost all the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We've held our company events at the Holiday Inn for several years. The staff is great and really work with you to make it stress free. The food selection is excellent and very reasonably priced. They even helped us develop a speciality drink for our event. The location in Independence is centrally located and easy access to all major highways. It's one as the few places that can handle a party of 400+. Book early since dates around the holidays fill up quickly. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The bar is always jumping on the weekends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your continued patronage. We thank you for your nice comments regarding your experiences with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for a convention in March. Not much doing at that time of the year. The hotel is not a resort hotel but has a nice pool and fitness area. The staff is very nice and very efficient. If you need something, they come right up and get it for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We very much appreciate your business. We try very hard each and every day to take great care of our guests. We hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.
Jefferson, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling from Florida and book this through priceline for $52 a night..nice. business area to use no charge...bed comfy...little store they had up front had out of dates..but the hotel was very nice and the manager on duty was very friendly!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Tom M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We certainly hope we can be your home away from home the next time you are in our area. Bring that sunshine from Florida with you next time!!
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room we got had a heater that didn't work properly. You couldn't adjust the temperature correctly because it was just a knob. Either it got too hot or it was too cold in the room. And the beds were so uncomfortable with all the lumps in it -- obviously a really old mattress. Not to mention, in the middle of the night the register started rattling which kept us up until 6 am, when we decided to pack up, get breakfast, and leave this God forsaken place.
Never again.

Room Tip: Check the room out BEFORE you unpack, in case you have to move to another room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear PapertigerOhio,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Cleveland, OH.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
sagamore hills, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

On January 17, 2013, my son whom is 21 years old reserved a hotel room at Holiday Inn. The employees at Reservation Desk were very unfriendly and did not even say Welcome to hotel as other white guests. In making reservations, I was quoted a 129.00 rate with all taxes included and when my son tried to get a room the reservationist declined my card because they tried to charge $151.00 which caused so much confusion and frustration for my son who was standing at the front desk. The Reservationist spoke very loudly about the declined card so that everyone there could hear. This Reservationist had no tact and was very unfriendly. After talking to a two employees, they finally acknowleged that it was mistake and my son was able to get a room. Once my son was in the room a hotel manager knocked at his door and harrassed my son and informing him that there were to be no parties in the hotel room.
The next day, I received another phone call that my card was declined again!! I was so upset because I though the matter had been handled. So, again I was about to call my Credit Card Company to find out what was wrong, however, before I put the call through the Reservationist at the hotel called me right back and stated the card was okay. My son's experience at this hotel left him feeling very inadequate because the personnel in this hotel evidently are not used to having young African Americans in their hotel. I am very DISSATISFIED with the way Holiday Inn personnel treated my son. I am calling corporate to inform them of this situation also. Times have changed but not really. There are still some white people who think they can treat African Americans as we were treated in the past and I am not going to let i go unacknowledged. Shame on you HOLIDAY INN, INDEPENDENCE, OHIO you will get away with treating people like this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear evelyn p,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear about your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence? Share your experiences!