I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn in decades. The only reason I stayed here was because I was stranded due to Hurricane Sandy and this property (plus a HoJo) offered deeply discounted rates to distressed travelers. My stress got worse, thanks to this place.
Before I booked the place I checked it out online on my laptop from the airport. "Newly renovated in 2010." Rooms looked nice -- fresh, updated, almost like a high end Marriott. My room was OK at first glance. But it smelled like mildew (dirty shower curtain), the areas behind furniture had not been vacuumed since the Ice Age (dust alligators), the vents on the A/C were black with dirt and exhaust, and heaven knows what was living in the carpet. If I had not been so exhausted I would have moved to another room but also figured that this would be the standard for each room.
Dinner in the restaurant was unenjoyable -- Holiday Inn food, you know. Lunch the next was no better -- slowwwww server (10 minutes for a glass of tea in an empty restaurant?), 25 minutes for a sandwich?
Is there something in the water that makes Clevelanders unhappy, unfriendly and unresponsive? Not ever a "Good morning," a "How is your stay?", or a "Thank you" from the hotel staff. Granted, the weather was horrible but, c'mon.
'Nuf said. Never again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Hotel Independence
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Hotel
- Holiday Inn Independence
- Independence Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The strategic location of this Cleveland area hotel, the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence provides easy access to such downtown attractions as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland Browns Stadium, and Playhouse Square.At the crossroads of Cleveland's primary arteries; I-77 and I-480, our hotel is just 12 miles from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle service from 6 AM to 11 PM daily.Guests will enjoy our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center. Michael's Grille restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy dancing the night away in our high energy lounge with live entertainment Tuesday - Saturday in Impulse Lounge. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting space, our Cleveland area hotel is ideal for your next event be it a corporate meeting, convention, wedding, business dinner, or family reunion.For our Priority Club Members, ask about our newly renovated Priority Club Floor with key accessed lounge serving Continental breakfast, snacks and soft drinks. The lounge also offers a computer with Internet access. Whether travelling on business or pleasure, make the Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence your home away from home!The hotel is currently undergoing renovations of the lobby, guest lobby, and conference rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Cleveland Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.