“Embassy Suites stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Independence
Dayton, United States
“Embassy Suites stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel was filled with a convention and did not try to handle the regular guests with any skill or diplomacy. If you wanted to take advantage of the buffet breakfast served between 6:30 and 9:30 you had to go at 6:30 to beat the crowd that took up all the tables, ate all the food and then sat around talking to peers. Hotel staff was overwhelmed and I wouldn't stay there again simple because they failed to help regular hotel guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am sorry that you didn't feel we met or exceed your expectations. We are convention hotel but try to give equal amount of attention to every guest's needs. I hope you give us another opportunity to show you this is an isolated issue. We pride ourselves on our customer service and have a warm and caring staff. I know your next stay will be much better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Newark, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Linda was great, the best. Solved a problem with the reservation and gave exceptional customer service. 200 characters really, you need to get real on this aspect. she did a great job, you can"t insist i give a certainn amt of charcters.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for the nice note about Linda. She is definitely an asset to our team. We look forward to servicing you again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure if it was a hotel or a daycare or an amusement park. They're we're children running around everywhere. And I do mean everywhere...the lounge area, elevators, halls, and of course the pool was crazy. So crazy it should've been deemed unsafe and closed for the entire weekend. The hotel had no order and seemed not to do anything about the "parties" hosted in every other room. I wouldn't stay here on a FREE NIGHT!!

• Stayed March 2013
Sorry to hear about your stay with us. Our hotel does get quite busy especially our pool area. I have shared your comments with my staff and will look at your experience to see what areas we can improve on to ensure the no one else has an experience like this one. I hope you give us another chance.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Front desk great. Room clean but showing age. Managers reception and breakfast confusing not well directed. Knew I was in trouble when my shampoo bottle was nearly empty. That wasn't a good sign. I was trying to turn my family in embassy fans since I have stayed at a few and really had a great time. My husband and son were not impressed at all with the place. Stale chips and bland salsa to pancakes you could use as flying saucers. Oh we'll Hampton here we come

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We love Embassy fans and hate to lose one over one bad experiences. We have done a lot of additional training since you last stayed with and if you look at our current ranking we continue to improve our customer service. The good news is we are looking to renovate our rooms in 2014. The bathrooms are already renovated so the rest of the room will have a modern feel in 2014. We hope to regain your faith in us during your next stay.
NC, US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Checked in at 5.30p on a weekday. Took twenty minutes. No kiosk handy, only one person at the front desk. A party of three women were struggling paying cash, and no other hotel worker was available to speed things up. Ok, let's get a drink during happy hour. Bar area was jammed, there were several large tables with tablecloths set out in the lobby to sit at, it looked like they had been their for a wedding or conference dinner. Odd place to sit. Breakfast the next day-a slim selection of pastries compared to other embassy suites. Coffee comes out of a spigot in the wall. Omelette station has bowls of ingredients spread out in front, usually the cook asks you what you would like. Not here. Instead he stares at you while you wonder what's up. If he sees a cute girl, he tells her to put what she wants in a bowl and he'll make an omelette. While we waited his coworker asked him how much did he make in tips that morning and he started complaining in front of us about the crummy six bucks he had in his tip box, and that he had less dollars than all the bowls stacked in front of him. Excellent image for the hotel chain. I've stayed in a bunch of embassy suites over the years, this was the worst. Stayed across the interstate at a home wood suites several nights later, staff and service were far better.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. The coffee stay at a better temp were it is currently located and it will not run out during peak traffic time. We do the omelets this way since we normally have a line do to everyone wanting one. The cup allows the line to move fast an lets the guest have more say in how much each items goes into there fresh to order omelet. We put out the round tables because we get a lot of families that stay with us and like the round tables to socialize. We appreciate your feedback and will look into your suggesitons. I just wanted to let you know that we service this way because we have gotten complaint about servicing it the other way.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice hotel and the rooms are set up very well. I had a great sleep every night (could not hear anything in the halls). However not having free wifi is a major strike against this establishment. Breakfast was the typical, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, etc....(should have more than 2 toasters for a hotel this size). Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do try to stay competitive with the current pricing of internet in our area of full service hotels. We hope to service you again in the near future.
Winter Park, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for a week in the middle of June. I drove straight thru from Orlando and was greeted by Jessica at the front desk. A wonderful person who made check in easy and quick so I could get to my room and start relaxing. She made me feel at home. The hotel is well maintained with a nice congregation area with pool tables and comfy sitting areas. The nightly managers reception is not to be missed. The morning breakfast is wonderful, Martin makes the best omlettes! If you are in the area and need a hotel, I suggest this hotel, it will feel like your second home.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be sure to share your comments to my staff. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside? Share your experiences!