“One of the best hotels in the Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rock & Roll HOF Package
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Independence
Niles, Ohio
“One of the best hotels in the Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I live about 60 miles from this area of Cleveland. He works on the east side of Cleveland and travels a lot so sometimes we stay here before or after he files out of/into the Cleveland Airport. We have tried many other hotels in the area and have found this one to be the most consistent and nice for the price. It is much better, in my opinion, than the Embassy Suites in Beechwood. The service is always good, the rooms clean, the breakfast tasty. The rooms are nice although the bathrooms are really small...much smaller than most Embassy Suites. However for an overnight stay it can't be beat.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the elevators are little quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ed S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. I will sure to share your comments with my staff. We hope to service you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I found this hotel to be one of the best Embassy Suites I have even visited. The rooms were big, service great, the breakfast was excellent. My family also enjoyed the pool. When staying in the suburbs of Cleveland, this hotel is one of the best choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great feedback. I will be sure to share you comments with my team. We hope to service you again soon.
Pleasant Hill, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm usually such a huge Embassy Suites fan that I admit I never even looked here for reviews before I booked my room. Huge mistake on my part because I now see I would have known better had I checked here first.
I agree with the other things I'm reading. This is the first time ever that I've been unhappy after a stay in an Embassy Suites Hotel.
At first glance all seemed well. The place had the normal Embassy Suites managers welcome event and that went pretty normal too. When things started to tank was at bed time. In my opinion THE most important thing in ANY hotel is the bed. In this case the bed was broken. It was literally bent in half. It looked good until my weight went on it and it just folded up. The entire side of the mattress was broken down. It appeared that the base under the mattress was also broken. I was sharing a room so the other bed was already taken. I spent the night hanging onto the side of the bed trying not to get rolled out onto the floor. I should have demanded a new room but my room mates were already settled in and I didn't want to trouble them. I barely slept.
In the morning I noticed tile were falling out from the wall in the bathroom. There were hairs in the shower in spite of my being the first one up (since I barely slept).
Breakfast was crowded as there was some sort of Girl Scout thing going on so they only had 1/2 the normal amount of space. The scrambled eggs were crunchy (no kidding... dried and crunchy eggs). The bacon was all busted into tiny pieces and were just charred hard chunks soaking in grease. I like crispy bacon but this was beyond crispy. The first coffee cup I picked up from the stack had some sort of goo around the rim. Not sure what it was but it was pretty gross. Glad I noticed it as I was getting ready to drink. A few seconds later and I would have probably puked.
I have stayed in worse hotels in my time for certain but as I said, this is the worst experience I've ever had with an Embassy Suites. It was a bad experience at a premium price and that's a bad combination. I would NEVER suggest this particular hotel to a traveler. There are many other hotels in this area. Try one of them.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel . Sorry.. best tip I have for this place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I am so sorry to hear about your restless stay at my hotel. A comfortable bed is the basic request and we fell short of that. I thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I will be sure to share them so we can be sure to learn from this unfortunate situation. I will try and reach out to personal in hope to regain your trust in our product.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I will be charitable: maybe I just had a bad experience here and it's really OK. That said, I will most likely find somewhere else to stay next time I am in the area. Check-in was not the best experience. The room was tired. The breakfast poor. Comments made by the staff about other guests inappropriate. Sorry, but I just didn't like this place. Coming after a great stay at the Hilton garden Inn over by Cleveland airport I was disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I do apologize for the unfortunate bad experience. I must stay that I do feel we can and have done better than what you experienced. I hope you give us a second chance. We are working diligently on our service.
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed here frequently over the last year and find that it is getting worn looking and not so clean in the rooms.

I enjoy the breakfast and have never had any problems with the Staff.

My bathroom was in need of repair and could have been cleaned better.

Would stay again because it was convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback. We have renovated our bathroom and kitchenette area. We are working on improving the areas that you mentioned. We have made some changes and feel we are headed in the right directions. Hope you give us a second chance.
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've noticed that the price of rooms has come down. Which is the good news. The bad news is that the hotel is getting a bit "shabbier". Not shabby, but shabbier.
My room had a bad odor when I arrived. Not smoky. More industrial--mold, mildew, stale. For sure not a fresh clean smell. It set the mood.

From stains on the furniture to mold in the shower, no longer the pristine condition that I'd come to expect from Embassy Suites.

Just an overall feeling of slighty icky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Sorry to hear about your most recent stay. We are working dilegently on all areas of service so we can be the leader in area. I know we can do better and hope you give us a second chance.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We went to Cleveland from Nevada to look at Colleges and this Embassy suites was a good location for us. It is not near downtown but it was an easy 10 minute drive. The staff was friendly and our room was clean, though the pull out sofa was damaged and the foot end sloped toward the ground, we didn't complain about it but let them know when we checked out. The breakfast was really good and we never had a problem getting a table or standing in any lines. The cocktail hour was confusing since it was in the lounge midweek and in the lobby on the weekend but they were generous with drinks. The beer and wine selection was very limited but ok. There were some good restaurants within walking distance. On our first walk we encountered a deer and the next night a skunk( it was far away)! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
scottgm, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. We will look into the pull out sofa. Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Cleveland-Rockside? Share your experiences!